Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 3rd new
So.................... on July 29th............. at 11:45 PM................. I turned................ 30...................... weeping weeping weeping weeping weeping weeping weeping

I was at Hallmark today, and I was filling out something....................and I wrote my birthday............ and i go.................. oh yea, Im 30... laughing laughing

But, i feel like im 27.. so the ladys like.. just tell people ur 27... LOL

At Dunkin Donuts... this old guy was on the phone and he walked by me.. and i was bein my usual perky friendly self.. and i said hi.............. baaaaaaad mistake mary... bad.. *slaps hand* LOL then he came over to talk............... shocked :shocked: :shocked:

Thank God he walked away............. PHEW....................

ANYTHING LIKE THAT HAPPEN TO YOU OUT??? *GETTING POPCORN READY* :P
Aug 3rd new
Well, I have to admit that I felt sad when I turned 30, but the only difference I've noticed inn myself so far is that sometimes I find men in their forties attractive, which used almost never to be the case when I was younger.

Oddly enough, men in their forties and fifties hit on me a lot more when I was a teenager and a young adult. Now that I'm 30, I get a lot more men my age showing interest. I find that change immensely gratifying. :)

Aug 3rd new

I have been experiencing just the opposite lately. For example: I was out last night at a small town tavern having a beer and playing 8 Ball. It's a friendly neighborhood joint where the locals hangout. There was a group of 3 gentlemen who showed interest in me (one of them was a huge flirt LOL). So, we paired off into teams to shoot some pool. They asked me if I was about their age, 25 to 30 years old. I looked at them for a moment, not sure what to say. So they asked the question again. I told them I was almost 50 years old and it took several minutes to convince them of my age-they didn't believe me! biggrin In spite of the age difference, I felt their curious eyes watching me.

What a boost my ego received last night-it's reassuring that at nearly the half century mark of 50 years, I still have my youthful spark and appearance biggrin

Aug 3rd new
Mary!!! Have no fear, girlie ... you don't look a day over 22!!! Seriously, relax wink And Happy Belated Birthday, of course! Happy Birthday! balloon present Don't let Nessa near your cake ... LOL.
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Monique-1063103 said: Mary!!! Have no fear, girlie ... you don't look a day over 22!!! Seriously, relax And Happy Belated Birthday, of course! Don't let Nessa near your cake ... LOL.
LOL Thanks Monique!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

BTW I heart ur name heart

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Aug 3rd new
My condolences :deadpan:
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

I have been experiencing just the opposite lately. For example: I was out last night at a small town tavern having a beer and playing 8 Ball. It's a friendly neighborhood joint where the locals hangout. There was a group of 3 gentlemen who showed interest in me (one of them was a huge flirt LOL). So, we paired off into teams to shoot some pool. They asked me if I was about their age, 25 to 30 years old. I looked at them for a moment, not sure what to say. So they asked the question again. I told them I was almost 50 years old and it took several minutes to convince them of my age-they didn't believe me! In spite of the age difference, I felt their curious eyes watching me.

What a boost my ego received last night-it's reassuring that at nearly the half century mark of 50 years, I still have my youthful spark and appearance

Sounds like a nice problem to have. :)
Aug 3rd new

Mary

Hey Girl at 30 you are at your prime! God is good and you are terrific!!

Aug 3rd new
I turn 30 on October 18th at 2:04 am......and well I cannot say that I am thrilled. I have been attracted to older men for a while now and I think primarily because younger men to me, seem immature and like they are all about fun, which is perhaps not the case. I am also at that point in my life where I want to settle down...I do not know if this is normal.

Lately I feel like time is against me, let's face it, no one wants to be 40 and start a family...but lately I feel like that is the ultimate destiny and if not then I can accept being alone and single....and just being crazy Aunt Maria....which is cool too...but I feel a little weird that there are no more girls nights with a lot of my friends or a lot of singles nights out with my friends...there is always a baby or a husband or a fiance....and well these are the moments where I feel like 30 is coming too soon and I am not ready.

The older men thing though, I totally understand...lol

Happy Belated!
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Maria-1022025 said: Lately I feel like time is against me, let's face it, no one wants to be 40 and start a family...

The older men thing though, I totally understand...lol
Maria - you're a Babe in the Woods.

This older man remembers, at age 30, how he as a Center Fielder, helped lead a softball team w/ an 18-yo star Infielder.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17