Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Just finished off a wonderful, ripe peach. The local peach season is just starting here. The heirloom tomatoes I started in February are paying off too. Had a fantabulous Panzanella salad (Alton Brown's recipe) yesterday. I think that's my favorite way to enjoy the homegrown tomatoes.
What's in season in your neck of the woods?
Aug 3rd 2014 new

Wild blackberries and low-bush blueberries!! Just was out at the Boy Scout Camp yesterday, picked a couple of handfuls in about three minutes, absolutely delicious. cloudnine

Aug 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Wild blackberries and low-bush blueberries!! Just was out at the Boy Scout Camp yesterday, picked a couple of handfuls in about three minutes, absolutely delicious.

Did you happen to see Sal, or Little Bear?
Trivia note: Robert McCloskey insisted his book Blueberries For Sal be printed using very dark blue ink.
Aug 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Just finished off a wonderful, ripe peach. The local peach season is just starting here. The heirloom tomatoes I started in February are paying off too. Had a fantabulous Panzanella salad (Alton Brown's recipe) yesterday. I think that's my favorite way to enjoy the homegrown tomatoes.
What's in season in your neck of the woods?
Wild raspberries and deer flies.
Aug 3rd 2014 new
laughing laughing
Aug 3rd 2014 new
It's a good move. Very accurate book, that.
Aug 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Wild raspberries and deer flies.
Deer flies and Black flies. Two miserable torments right out of H-E-Double-Toothpicks.
When deer flies bite, they leave a bruise!
Did you know there are six things that will stop black flies? Six inches of snow.
Aug 4th 2014 new
It's rainy season here.Mangoes are ripe.and ready biggrin .You would also get zaboca also known as avocado.
Aug 4th 2014 new
(quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: It's rainy season here.Mangoes are ripe.and ready .You would also get zaboca also known as avocado.
Actual ripe mangoes sound delightful. The ones we can get here in upstate NY have lesser appeal. I enjoy avocados, but still haven't figured out how to predict accurately when they will be ripe enough to eat vs. too far gone.
Aug 4th 2014 new
Well I do live in the Garden State!!! You don't have to travel very far in any direction to find a garden, farm, orchard or vineyard in the southern half of the state. All over South Jersey right now it's a veritable farmer's market no matter where you go...sweet white corn, juicy delicious watermelon, sweet cantaloups, fuzzy peaches, Jersey tomatoes (or any other type of tomato you might fancy ;), crisp cucumbers, a variety of lettuces, spinaches, carrots, mushrooms, eggplant, garlic, onions, apricots and plums, pumpkins and squashes are starting to pop up too! Oh, and we also have no shortage of tourists (aka 'shoobies' down here!) in season either wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 18