Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Well, I reckon Michael didn't want to start a new status thread...

So... Dennis will get things going...

Dennis will be taking some time off work, to do some stuff...
Aug 3rd 2014 new
Virginia is basking in the glow of the first ripe homegrown peach of the season... and glowing from a bit too much sun while working in her yard... also smells faintly of wood smoke from burning the apple wood she pruned this spring. "Ah," sighs Virginia, "Life is good," then gets up from the computer to address the supper dishes.
Aug 5th 2014 new
Dennis will be cooking some breakfast for supper tonight.... Some Bacon of course and some pancakes... Thats is gonna be mmmmm....
Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Dennis-754668 said: Dennis will be cooking some breakfast for supper tonight.... Some Bacon of course and some pancakes... Thats is gonna be mmmmm....
"What a coincidence," thinks Virginia, "I made pancakes for M&D last night." But Virginia was sneaky. She spread the pancakes with sweetened Greek yogurt and rolled them around sliced strawberries so her mother (currently a very picky eater who is wasting away to nothingness) would think she was eating a dessert rather than a healthy-ish main course. Virginia's mother did, in fact, eat every scrap! "Woot Woot!" exclaims Virginia as she does a little victory dance to celebrate.
Aug 7th 2014 new
Dennis has some fresh blackberries, and is gonna turn them into a blackberry cobbler....mmmmm...
Aug 7th 2014 new
Virginia wonders why there's such an echo in this thread. It seems Dennis and Virginia are the only ones here.
Aug 7th 2014 new
I have been super busy. I have a couple of art/welding students right now, and taking care of some house projects for a friend of mine. I am taking today as kind of a down day, I was starting to get frazzled from having too much going on.

I am also starting to crank up my exercise program. I walked for two hours in the mountains today with a friend, carrying a modest pack, a pretty good workout, quite a bit of up and down. I am hoping to go back on a walking pilgrimage in October. I would start in France and end in Spain, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

On the dating front, I have one first meeting on Friday, and a second meeting on Monday, so I am continuing to work hard there as well. One curious thing that I noticed, looking at my data, is that I have not yet had any face to face meetings with folks from CM. I have had at least one CM meeting cancelled by the lady, so it is not for lack of trying. I hope to change that in the not too distant future.

Oh, and I am supposed to pick up a new car next week, a Subaru Forester. I would have picked it up this week, but the check I was supposed to get from Fidelity did not arrive, so they are resending it. I already have my old Subaru on craigslist, but apparently I have the price set too high, as I have only had one inquiry to date.

I went paddling in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, and demoed a canoe that I might decide to buy, a very strange looking whitewater canoe. In a couple of weeks I will be taking an instructor class in whitewater canoeing, which should make me a certified instructor.

Yeah, I have been busy.

Aug 8th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-831657 said: I have been super busy. I have a couple of art/welding students right now, and taking care of some house projects for a friend of mine. I am taking today as kind of a down day, I was starting to get frazzled from having too much going on.

I am also starting to crank up my exercise program. I walked for two hours in the mountains today with a friend, carrying a modest pack, a pretty good workout, quite a bit of up and down. I am hoping to go back on a walking pilgrimage in October. I would start in France and end in Spain, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

On the dating front, I have one first meeting on Friday, and a second meeting on Monday, so I am continuing to work hard there as well. One curious thing that I noticed, looking at my data, is that I have not yet had any face to face meetings with folks from CM. I have had at least one CM meeting cancelled by the lady, so it is not for lack of trying. I hope to change that in the not too distant future.

Oh, and I am supposed to pick up a new car next week, a Subaru Forester. I would have picked it up this week, but the check I was supposed to get from Fidelity did not arrive, so they are resending it. I already have my old Subaru on craigslist, but apparently I have the price set too high, as I have only had one inquiry to date.

I went paddling in the mountains a couple of weeks ago, and demoed a canoe that I might decide to buy, a very strange looking whitewater canoe. In a couple of weeks I will be taking an instructor class in whitewater canoeing, which should make me a certified instructor.

Yeah, I have been busy.

"Richard, Richard, Richard," tsk-tsked Virginia in that annoying way of hers, "Did you not know that the point of Neverending status threads is to write about ones' self in the third person? It is a silly tradition, but one with a long and glorious history."
Aug 9th 2014 new
Dennis is going to enjoy an evening with some local CMers tonight....
Aug 10th 2014 new
88 today.Brian is happy.He just left nice cool shower.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10