Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I'm borrowing this topic from the -45 group. I hope that's ok.

I, too, recently read Gary Chapman's book Love Languages. My highest score was in quality time, which is true. I prefer great conversation over getting a back rub. Crazy, I know.

How about you?
Aug 4th new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: I'm borrowing this topic from the -45 group. I hope that's ok.

I, too, recently read Gary Chapman's book Love Languages. My highest score was in quality time, which is true. I prefer great conversation over getting a back rub. Crazy, I know.

How about you?
But -- just for clarity -- the question isn't what you prefer; it's what makes you feel most confident that you are loved. You can have great conversations with friends, acquaintances, teachers, priests and so on - conversations that might be greatest pleasures of your life - but that wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with what makes you feel most loved. "Quality time" refers, I think, to the other person making you and your happiness their most important priority among all other priorities that compete for their time. This might or might not involve 'great conversation'.
Aug 4th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: But -- just for clarity -- the question isn't what you prefer; it's what makes you feel most confident that you are loved. You can have great conversations with friends, acquaintances, teachers, priests and so on - conversations that might be greatest pleasures of your life - but that wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with what makes you feel most loved. "Quality time" refers, I think, to the other person making you and your happiness their most important priority among all other priorities that compete for their time. This might or might not involve 'great conversation'.
I'll disagree with you on this one. As in her first example of her personal preference being a great conversation over a back rub-- I can get an excellent massage from a licensed therapist, but a quick little scrunch of the shoulders from a loving spouse would do so much more to make me feel loved.
Aug 4th new
I think I'm deaf and dumb in the love language arena, thus 52 and single.

But, if she lets me in the door then locks it, I must have said something right!!
Aug 4th new
Here is the quiz for everyone to take.

www.5lovelanguages.com

Aug 4th new
Thanks for posting that, Charles!
Aug 4th new
Joe,
I don't believe those are among the love languages. laughing laughing laughing

Aug 4th new
Ok, Paul, I'll clarify.
I would rather have one on one time with someone I care about than have someone buy me things or even, as with acts of service, do things for me. As much as I would genuinely appreciate both, I'd be happier having spent quality time together.
I hope that makes more sense. smile

Aug 4th new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: Joe,
I don't believe those are among the love languages.

Braille?? crossfingers crossfingers laughing
Aug 4th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Here is the quiz for everyone to take.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/singles/

I get 11 for quality time, way less for others. Seems like subliminal messages from Hallmark--a whole lot of gift giving being suggested
Posts 1 - 10 of 60