Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

(this is supposed to be a fun post, not a critical one, but still informing) wave biggrin wink

Do you have any pets? What kinds/breeds? Beaver Lion Put me kangaroo down sport! Bunny! penguin gobble gobble gobble! Chicken???

For pets lovers: Would you date someone who wasn't goo-goo over Rover or Fifi?

Non pets lovers: Vise Versa, would you date someone who baby talked every 4 legged they walked by and let Fifi sleep on the bed?
Aug 4th new
I could NOT date anyone who didn't enjoy a pets company at east a tiny bit. I'm a HUGE animal lover (seriously, I baby talk snakes) rolling eyes laughing

I have 2 cats and one dog (rhodesian ridgeback mix), and usually end up sharing my bed with 2 out of 3 of them every night. tongue

I'd also love more pets in the future. 2 cats seems to be the ideal, but I want another dog, some chickens, and possibly some other pets. Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken??? Chicken???
Aug 4th new
Absolutely love them, all kinds of animals, especially large dogs. I would maybe consider dating someone who didnt share my love for animals, if there was a significant reason to, laughing but never someone who owned a dog and made it sleep outside! Just my opinion though....
Aug 4th new
I like dogs, indoor cats and the occasional furry other critter. Not fond of snakes, chickens or pets in the bed.
Aug 4th new
I am an animal lover and have a dog. I would want someone who is ok with having dogs as I can't remember a time in my lofe when I didn't have one. Chickens would be fun for the eggs, not dinner. Can't have cats because I'm allergic to them. I wouldn't mind a mini farm. Bunny! Lion gobble gobble gobble! Put me kangaroo down sport! Yeah. It is a goat.
Aug 4th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: I like dogs, indoor cats and the occasional furry other critter. Not fond of snakes, chickens or pets in the bed.
But iguanas or lizards in the bed are OK?!!! eyepopping

Aug 4th new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: But iguanas or lizards in the bed are OK?!!!

Not even a plush toy lizard or iguana.

I'll share a couch or chair with cat or dog, but only my lawfully wedded spouse is admitted to my bed.
Aug 4th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Not even a plush toy lizard or iguana.

I'll share a couch or chair with cat or dog, but only my lawfully wedded spouse is admitted to my bed.
That's probably a good idea. You have no idea how many times my dog takes over the bed and I get a tiny corner to try to sleep. laughing

Although...it's completely worth it when they scoot closer after you get in and they curl their heads up against you and fall asleep. heartbeat
Aug 4th new
(quote) Amber-1078229 said: That's probably a good idea. You have no idea how many times my dog takes over the bed and I get a tiny corner to try to sleep.

Although...it's completely worth it when they scoot closer after you get in and they curl their heads up against you and fall asleep.
My bed is off limits to the dogs. One resident daughter has a border collie the other has a Glen of Imaal Terrier (AKA the Holy Terror, Furry Torpedo of Death, Dreadful Chub Chub, etc...). The Glennie is a snuggler who often ends up in his owner's bed. The border collie prefers to sleep on a comfy bed of her own so she can get up to check that the doors & windows are locked and count her flock --us-- during the night.
Once, in a moment of weakness, I let the terrier sleep on/with me. It was after I'd had shoulder surgery and had to sleep in a recliner till the injured shoulder was stable. He was very comforting and extremely warm. I think without his assistance, I'd have ended up sucking my thumb --which I never did before in my life!-- because I hurt so badly. Wore out a CD of Gregorian chant during that recovery period too.
Since that time, Mr. Marline has only tried to get up on my bed once or twice. He was unceremoniously ejected.
Aug 4th new
Currently I have two cats, both Birmans. I'm pretty sure there's no way to deny a cat access to your bed or anywhere he really wants to go short of locking him out of the room and I'm not willing to deal with the whining outside the door when it's just me living with them. When school is out I also have a cute little rat and a leopard gecko who share my home and perhaps someday my fish will live long enough to make it through a school year. Can you tell I teach biology? laughing

Since I'd love to have a dog or two some day as well, it would be awfully hard to be with someone who didn't at least tolerate my love of animals. I was pre-vet for a lot of years in school until I realized I didn't really have the temperament to be a vet.
Posts 1 - 10 of 50