Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

if you plan to move to phoenix or any part of the country what do you expect to pay for rent ... a house maybe two or three bedrooms, backyard, garage ... would you have to sign a lease or something ... first and last month ... security deposit ...what other amenities such as washer/dryer, central a/c, kitchen appliances would that be extra increase rent ... would this be difficult to find a place in phoenix, az to rent ..... just curious if this might be difficult to rent in the phoenix area .... what about public trans ... churches ... thank you in advance...
Aug 5th 2014 new
Yes, there are plenty of places to rent in the Phoenix area. There are many apartment complexes that are quite new, as well as private parties renting homes and condos, etc. Most of the apartment complexes require a first and last month...

Phoenix is such a large city, with all of its many suburbs that incorporate the the Phoenix area. There are many Catholic churches, so you would have to find the church that was the best match for you. I, personally, prefer my Jesuit parish, but there are also many very conservative parishes in our Diocese.

You probably just need to come out here for a visit. I would wait until October, though, or else you may change your mind altogether!!
Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Angie-853770 said: Yes, there are plenty of places to rent in the Phoenix area. There are many apartment complexes that are quite new, as well as private parties renting homes and condos, etc. Most of the apartment complexes require a first and last month...

Phoenix is such a large city, with all of its many suburbs that incorporate the the Phoenix area. There are many Catholic churches, so you would have to find the church that was the best match for you. I, personally, prefer my Jesuit parish, but there are also many very conservative parishes in our Diocese.

You probably just need to come out here for a visit. I would wait until October, though, or else you may change your mind altogether!!
I am ever so grateful and thank you sooo much Angie rose rose rose ...........
Aug 6th 2014 new
You're welcome! biggrin
Aug 6th 2014 new
I have an uncle and his large family living a little bit outside Phoenix right now. He tells us that nothing grows or thrives in Phoenix, things just survive lol. Just a joke to tell us that its miserably hot!!! But maybe thats ok with you? My grandparents live in another part of AZ and they actually prefer that heat to spending anymore time freezing in MT where they lived most of their lives. My uncle tells me that the city is very spread out, and there are some real nice areas, just be sure your moving into one of them. I considered moving to the Phoenix area myself but its a whole 'nother ball game with young children involved. As in finding decent schools and safe neighborhoods on a limited income....etc. I dont know what type of Mass you prefer Genie, but my Uncle & Co. only live around cities that offer the Latin Mass. So thats definitely there. But lots and lots to choose from in a city that size. Best wishes to you!
Aug 6th 2014 new
(quote) Kirsten-1064175 said: I have an uncle and his large family living a little bit outside Phoenix right now. He tells us that nothing grows or thrives in Phoenix, things just survive lol. Just a joke to tell us that its miserably hot!!!
thank you sooo very much Kirsten rose rose rose .... I have such an itch to move but don't know where and don't know why, guess time will tell and being patience, maybe hopefully with my one and only true love I LUV U valentine heartbeat heart biggrin crossfingers hug :praying: ......
Aug 6th 2014 new
I hear you about wanting to move Genie! I stayed in my little apartment and town for a long time, then a few years ago the moving started for me. I have become a sort of a gypsy lol. Its kind of nice but I have to settle down again, just hard to decide where....I hope you meet that true love of yours, and no matter what, you find a place you will truly love! Praying rose Dove
Aug 6th 2014 new
(quote) Kirsten-1064175 said: I hear you about wanting to move Genie! I stayed in my little apartment and town for a long time, then a few years ago the moving started for me. I have become a sort of a gypsy lol. Its kind of nice but I have to settle down again, just hard to decide where....I hope you meet that true love of yours, and no matter what, you find a place you will truly love!
Not to discourage her but I hope she realizes how stinkin' hot that neck of the woods can be!
Aug 6th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: if you plan to move to phoenix or any part of the country what do you expect to pay for rent ... a house maybe two or three bedrooms, backyard, garage ... would you have to sign a lease or something ... first and last month ... security deposit ...what other amenities such as washer/dryer, central a/c, kitchen appliances would that be extra increase rent ... would this be difficult to find a place in phoenix, az to rent ..... just curious if this might be difficult to rent in the phoenix area .... what about public trans ... churches ... thank you in advance...
Hi Genie, Phoenix has bright uninterrupted sunshine almost every day, so unless you are adverse to heat, it would be a beautiful place to live. But if an important factor to you is meeting a man, your best odds would be Alaska! wink
Aug 6th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: Not to discourage her but I hope she realizes how stinkin' hot that neck of the woods can be!
Thanks Jim, but I already tried to warn her about that....read above. =) I know its miserable hot over there, not from personal experience but from my uncle's testimony. And I can only imagine after spending a couple summers in TX!!! Its hotter and dryer in Phoenix, while the humidity kills you in DFW. Not sure which is worse?
Posts 1 - 10 of 32