Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

www.youtube.comSermon on the life of the convert & martry St Edmund Campion, who was executed by Queen Elizabeth for preaching Catholicism after he left the Anglican group.
Aug 6th new
Maybe this would get more views in the Humor and Entertainment Thread. scratchchin
Aug 6th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Maybe this would get more views in the Humor and Entertainment Thread.
Then again,everything gets banned over there! rolling eyes laughing laughing laughing mischievous
Aug 6th new
St. Edmund Campion was quite a champion of the one, holy, Catholic and apostolic faith. He gave us a great example of faith and courage, especially during the reign of the queen heretic/murderess.
Aug 7th new
(quote) Michael-1806 said: St. Edmund Campion was quite a champion of the one, holy, Catholic and apostolic faith. He gave us a great example of faith and courage, especially during the reign of the queen heretic/murderess.
St Edmund Campion the Champion. I like it! smile
Aug 7th new

Thanks Bernard,

It's called assonance--a poetic device. One might say it's right up there with alliteration.

Aug 16th new
Many years ago I read Edmund Campion: A Life by Evelyn Waugh, who was of course a convert to Catholicism and also the author of Brideshead Revisited. Anyway, his biography of Campion was beautifully done and I'm glad to see it's still in print: www.amazon.com

Posts 1 - 7 of 7