Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Since I was adopted at
3 weeks old from a good Catholic Woman and then she saved my
life if it wasn't for God and her I would been dead long time of go, but by the grace of God that I receive a working Kidney Transplant I had for 28 years ago and I'm still alive, Praise God. My adopted mom pass away in 2008 so I'm all alone in this world. No Family just me. Why did god put me in this world by myself life this and others have moms and dads or family ? Is it true when we suffer were closer to God ???
Aug 5th 2014 new
Hi Jeremiah,
I am so sorry for your suffering. Both of my parents have passed away and I can understand your feelings of being "alone in this world". I can promise you that you are not truly alone, our Lord is right beside you every minute of every day. He is the one who guided your mother to adopt you so many years ago, just as He guided the hands of the surgeon during your transplant surgery... and countless other moments in your life. When I have suffered and felt most alone, it has helped me to visualize myself in the Garden of Gethsemane, leaning against the rock and Christ, seeking consolation in my pain and uniting it with Him. I will keep you in my prayers. Diane
Aug 5th 2014 new

Praying theheart Praying Jeramiah

Welcome to the Forums! I am so sorry that you feel so alone- Please consider that our Blessed Mother lost her only son and husband thereafter. I will pray that some good friends come into your life soon. If you are able to volunteer or go to places where you will met others such as your church, local restaurants etc. I am blessed to have a large family but often do feel alone because I have never married or had children like my sisters -there are many types of lonliness and if you need to cry Go ahead and cry and cry out to Jesus's Sacred Heart and Our Blessed Mother as they will be the brother and mother you need. The God of Love and Life the Eternal Father is your father in good and bad times-call on him. Do you know that Saint John Paul 11 lost his mother and father when young and his only brother at about 22-so he too lost his only family, pray to him too - God Bless you!

Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Jeremiah-945442 said: Since I was adopted at 3 weeks old from a good Catholic Woman and then she saved my life if it wasn't for God and her I would been dead long time of go, but by the grace of God that I receive a working Kidney Transplant I had for 28 years ago and I'm still alive, Praise God. My adopted mom pass away in 2008 so I'm all alone in this world. No Family just me. Why did god put me in this world by myself life this and others have moms and dads or family ? Is it true when we suffer were closer to God ???
Sorry to hear about your struggles.
Yes if cry out to God and lift up our sorrows to him we do become closer to him.
The sacraments are a treasure to us in times of need. Praying theheart
Aug 5th 2014 new
Hey man,

I am sorry that your Mom has passed, but you weren't brought into this world alone....GOD made sure of it! theheart

While it may seem that you
have been through the ringer, so to speak, I feel that All of us go through trials and tribulations at one point or more. I wouldn't focus on the negative aspects, but think about what you just wrote....that you were adopted by "a good Catholic woman." That was a Huge Win right there!!
highfive Think about how very different your life, and You yourself, would be if GOD hadn't inspired her and guided her to you! clap And then you received a kidney that was compatible with you. Another Huge Win!

Continue to surround yourself with good friends and pray for guidance to be lead to a very good woman, and soon enough, you will have a great family of your very own! Believe It!!
thumbsup

Hang in there, brother!

Blessings,

Matt

Aug 5th 2014 new
Jeremiah, God doesn't promise to tell us the why on this side of heaven. When you feel the most alone, climb on up into the lap of Abba Father --which translates more accurately to "Poppa God". Bring your sadness and tears and wants and needs to Him. He can handle it.

Did you know that the name Jeremiah means, "Yahweh Exults" and that the prophet Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet?

Here's a song for you that may help. Give it a listen. It's one that comforts me when I feel alone.
www.youtube.com

May God comfort you and bring the right people alongside you.

Aug 5th 2014 new
hugs and prayers
Aug 5th 2014 new
Saint Lydwina of Schiedam
  • Memorial: April 14
  • Patronage: against prolonged suffering
  • Praying

There is a reason why this world is called a "veil of tears".

The world we live in often seems very far from the one promised us by faith. Our experiences of pain and suffering seem to contradict the Good News; they can shake our faith and become a temptation against it.

God can sometimes seem to be absent and incapable of stopping the evils of this world. But in the most mysterious way God the Father has revealed his almighty power in the voluntary humiliation, suffering, and Resurrection of his Son.

We also have so many winesses who have suffered a great deal more than we shall ever experience. "[W]e are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith." [Hebrews 12:1-2]
    [see CCC 164, 165, 272 for expanded discussions]

"Let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us" . . . Indeed.

Saint Vincent de Paul
  • Memorial: September 27
  • Patronage: for spiritual help
  • Praying

There can also be much merit in our worldly sufferings:

Mt 16:24 "take up your cross and follow me"

Rm 8:16-17 "heirs if we suffer with Christ"

2 Tm 2:12 "if we suffer and we shall reign with Christ"

... just a few of the many scripture passages that touch on our suffering.

It is also a very good thing to offer our sufferings here on earth for the relief of the souls in Purgatory.

Saint Nicholas of Tolentino
  • Memorial: September 10
  • Patron Saint of the Souls in Purgatory
  • Praying

(quote) Jeremiah-945442 said: Since I was adopted at 3 weeks old from a good Catholic Woman and then she saved my life if it wasn't for God and her I would been dead long time of go, but by the grace of God that I receive a working Kidney Transplant I had for 28 years ago and I'm still alive, Praise God. My adopted mom pass away in 2008 so I'm all alone in this world. No Family just me. Why did god put me in this world by myself life this and others have moms and dads or family ? Is it true when we suffer were closer to God ???
    Yes Praise God you are still alive and for the gift of life you are to the world.

We are all the body of Christ and we do not stand alone. Yes we all have our unique cross to bear. But with Christ He will help you . Here too you have many that offer such good advice.

wave Welcome to the forums on Catholicmatch and know that you are not alone ..

God Bless us all in our daily struggles and offer them up for the salvation of souls.

Big hug to you and prayers. Praying hug

This song will lift you up and it's ok to shed some tears. theheart rosary Praying
    www.youtube.com
    Aug 5th 2014 new
    Don't be afraid to cry. Sometimes a good cry will help you unload all that sorrow. A well-beloved nun used to say "when you are down, there is only one way to go and that is up". Think positive thoughts remembering all the good things that have happened in your life. Pray to Jesus and his Blessed Mother and unite your suffering with theirs. Believe that your life will change!!!
    Posts 1 - 10 of 27