Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

This is a great post:

Dear single dudes: its time to man up
themattwalshblog.com

"When did men become so afraid to make a commitment, to take the lead, to say what they want, to make long term plans, to set goals, to pursue, to talk about the future?"

And so many other good insights.

Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Kathleen-878558 said: This is a great post:

Dear single dudes: its time to man up
http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/06/19/dear-single-men-time-man-figure/

"When did men become so afraid to make a commitment, to take the lead, to say what they want, to make long term plans, to set goals, to pursue, to talk about the future?"

And so many other good insights.

He is just vocalizing what we in the older generation have know for some time We have become a very narcissistic and hedonistic society. TIn other other words, The world centers around us, and our personal gratification is paramount to any genuine altruism or love of another person.
Aug 5th 2014 new
I thought it started with the 1960s and the sexual revolution.
Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Susie-550311 said: I thought it started with the 1960s and the sexual revolution.
hippies, yippies, women's lib !!!!..........is that when everything went downhill/outdoor/outwindow I suppose !!!!
Aug 5th 2014 new
Hopefully mister moderator won't censor me for this but there's a youtube video called the economy of sex that, I think, addresses this issue. Its rated PG.

www.youtube.com

Aug 5th 2014 new
Really?? Now the men of CM are supposed to live our life according to Matt Walsh? irked
Aug 5th 2014 new
Hang out means we like them, but in terms of dating we aren't there. It takes two to tango. If the guy comes on too strongly the girl runs, so as men we have no choice but to wait on the girl to make a decision as well. It's called respect. Yes, there are things we can do to help the relationship along, but it is also chance. As a single guy, I can only hope to do my best as an honorable and Godly man. I'm not about to rush into things considering the current US divorce rate stands around 50%.
The time I give is a valuable gift I give to others in hopes of making their world a better place. If they don't see it that way it's not my problem, and I will simply move on to someone who is more accepting of that fact.

Aug 5th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Really?? Now the men of CM are supposed to live our life according to Matt Walsh?
Exactly according to Matt Walsh... lol

What is it about what Matt Walsh wrote that appealed to you, Dave? And why? Or didn't appeal to you, and why?
Aug 5th 2014 new
I do think this blog entry is geared more toward the secular, non-Christian world, but then again, I am just not sure anymore. There are many men on this site who do not agree with the Church's teachings on premarital sex and/or contraception.
Aug 5th 2014 new
The problem takes its root in the fact that the vast majority of women out their don't want to commit. Let's be honest, so many women have choices now, that they hardly stick with just one. The media likes to promote the image of the runaway guy, but the fact of the matter is, its mostly women who are running away. 75% of the divorces in the nation are initiated by women for one reason or another. The number of women committing adultery is equal to that of men. The problem isn't a lack of commitment from men. Its the fact that men know as soon as they commit, women lose interest because they start to feel "the grass might be greener on the other side." The great truth is that men mature much faster than women when it comes to leadership and decision making. Men know what they want and are very observant of the the female culture. Women do have a support network, but men do as well. We talk about female behavior and results all the time. It is just not in a format that females recognize or acknowledge, consequently it is not captured or promoted in the media. The problem is the fact that most physically attractive females don't want to commit or commitment from a guy because it is instantly perceived as needy. The rest of the females lack the discipline and motivation to acquire a "better" physical appearance. Sadly, most of these women tend to hide behind the bible and religious beliefs rather than pursuing a healthy lifestyle. They fail to understand that men have physical needs and desires, and aren't just looking for "emotional" support. Also, your appearance is a reflection/shadow of who you are. If a guy shows up wearing a wrinkled shirt and dirty slacks, you think him lazy. If a woman shows up without her hair done and overweight, she lacks discipline and motivation. Men are left with two choices, pray that women will start to appreciate "the nice guy" or hope that the other women will change. In the meantime, why commit if it scares off the attractive ones.
Posts 1 - 10 of 73