Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Knights of Columbus

Aug 7th 2014 new
Due to people met here in the last 24 hours I'm wondering if there is enough support for a K of C room in the fora or if there is a desire to include a "Member of these Catholic organizations" section on our profiles?

I am a Knight. We were started as a service fraternity to aid widows of Catholic men in a time when their families were treated less than dirt. Dedicated to Mary and the rosary it seems a good fit to be on CM. Practical application is the need a CMer had when evicted last fall and now in need of help again moving some furniture. I looked for brother Knights to help both times. This morning I was able to make a connection between someone willing to help and another needing a hand! DON'T mess with Momma Maey! rosary

Thoughts on the idea and suggestions on Catholic service organizations to include?

Aug 7th 2014 new
Though a fraternal org I'd want a KofC room not designed like the BatCave. It needs to be open so all can view it. If needed a conversation can be moved to the monkeycave.
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Though a fraternal org I'd want a KofC room not designed like the BatCave. It needs to be open so all can view it. If needed a conversation can be moved to the cave.
Oh, I love that you'd leave the door ajar so we curious ladies could give a listen.
I have great admiration for the Knights here who do such wonderful service projects. I just don't understand the funny hats. Is that to show you're so manly, you can pull off the feathered chapeau?
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: It needs to be open so all can view it.
Although still in Beta th CM Groups area allows for CM members to basically start up a Group themselves.
Since it is new, it is not necessarily as well known as the forums, but in time I can see it becoming a perfect place for members that want to have an area on CM that allows them more control.

The Groups would allow the posting/embedding of multimedia directly within the pages, which the forums are not currently designed to do. The groups have a lot of potential to allow CM members new ways of conveying a topic and discussing it openly amongst all CM members.

The following is information in regards to the forming of a new Group by CM members:

Can I create my own Group? In order to create a group you will need to submit a support ticket with at least 3 designated "owners" and a brief description. After that it will be up to you to promote and moderate your group. We list groups that have at least 5 members and 10 posts per month on our "Explore Groups" page.

Aug 9th 2014 new
would be an interesting idea.. and the feathered hats do make for good PR...
Aug 13th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Oh, I love that you'd leave the door ajar so we curious ladies could give a listen.
I have great admiration for the Knights here who do such wonderful service projects. I just don't understand the funny hats. Is that to show you're so manly, you can pull off the feathered chapeau?
Most members of the Knights of Columbus, myself included, are third degree. Fourth degree Knights have as an option joining the Color Corps (your funny hats) for ceremonial duties. They have assemblies, we have councils, but fourth degree members can attend meetings at both. knight-errant
Posts 1 - 6 of 6