Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Try to get a smile out of the profile pictures that look so solemn?

Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Try to get a smile out of the profile pictures that look so solemn?

Not sure what dating site it was but I remember seeing a profile picture that looked just slightly like an escaped mental patient. Then I looked at his other pictures and it turns out he was a nice-looking guy, just chose the wrong picture for the profile picture. I wondered why he would choose that picture instead of one of the more flattering ones, and then it hit me...he doesn't have a woman in his life to help him choose the correct photo! Irony. Some lady has her work cut out for her. smile
Aug 7th 2014 new
I totally understand. People, you need to make yourself look approachable, personable, friendly, and open. A bad pic is like a person applying to a job with a bad resume- the person will have a tough time getting dates and getting a job.
Aug 7th 2014 new
Perhaps it is just me... I meant, when I'm flitting about the fora and I see a post from someone who has a stern or serious looking expression in their profile pic, I actually try to make a joke that will put a smile on the profile pic. And I'm mildly disappointed not to get a grin.
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Perhaps it is just me... I meant, when I'm flitting about the fora and I see a post from someone who has a stern or serious looking expression in their profile pic, I actually try to make a joke that will put a smile on the profile pic. And I'm mildly disappointed not to get a grin.
Then you would appreciate this:

www.mediafire.com

Aug 7th 2014 new
And for the dog lovers--
www.buzzfeed.com.
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Try to get a smile out of the profile pictures that look so solemn?

On the other hand, sometimes when I post on Prayer & Support threads, I feel a twinge of guilt that my picture is smiling on threads that are emotional or heart-breaking. I've thought it would be nice to have 2 pics (one solemn and one smiling) and choose which threads to display which profile picture.
Aug 7th 2014 new

gosh if I smiled it might knock someone off their feet ... don't think I want to do that tonight since last work day before TGIF .... then I might need my dancing shoes .... oops I will need it ... I think... just kidding around of course.... enjoying and it is a good OP virginia ....
Aug 7th 2014 new

I kinda like mine .... I've got kind of a mischievous smirk, like the cat that ate the canary mischievous It's cropped from a larger picture of me dancing with an attractive young lady at a swing dance back in March ....
Aug 8th 2014 new
I wonder if he figured that any woman who would read the profile and contact him after seeing that picture was a keeper?
Posts 1 - 10 of 14