Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Aug 7th 2014 new
Oh dear me. 64% lady and 96% gentleman. Guess the person who called me a chauvinist may have been on to something.
Aug 7th 2014 new

I am 80 percent a lady: Overall, you are a refined lady with excellent manners. But you also know when to relax and not get too serious about etiquette

I thought a couple of the questions were too stuffy, though. Those stuffy questions don't fit my personality lil mikie tongue

Aug 7th 2014 new
You are 48% Lady
You're part lady, part modern woman.
Etiquette is important to you, but you brush aside rules that are outdated or silly.

Sounds about right to me smile
Aug 7th 2014 new
I looked at both quizzes and found it odd that "ladies" are expected/required to send handwritten thank you notes, but "gentlemen" are not. Huh???
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I looked at both quizzes and found it odd that "ladies" are expected/required to send handwritten thank you notes, but "gentlemen" are not. Huh???
That one doesn't surprise me. I think ladies and gentlemen have different strengths and weaknesses. Sorry if this sounds like an stereotypical generalization, but gentlemen usually have horrible handwriting that is almost illegible. Unless the gentleman is interested in an art like calligraphy, his own handwriting is almost guaranteed to be difficult to decipher. I could be wrong, and I stand to be corrected, though.
Aug 7th 2014 new
It's better for writing paper bearing the fragrance of Chanel No.5 to come from a woman.
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I looked at both quizzes and found it odd that "ladies" are expected/required to send handwritten thank you notes, but "gentlemen" are not. Huh???
And ladies are required not to gossip, but there's no similar prohibition on men? I'm not a feminist but the double standards here are mostly just weird. (And guys DO gossip, even if the tone is different).
I'm 88% a gentleman and 80% a lady. That's reassuring, sort of. laughing
Aug 7th 2014 new
And only the men are asked about washing their hands before leaving the loo.

Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: And only the men are asked about washing their hands before leaving the loo.

Perhaps they assume men are pigs.
Posts 1 - 10 of 50