Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Emotigram

Aug 7th 2014 new
This is for all the guys on Catholic Match ( I'm sure you ladies can relate too!) should I assume if I don't receive a reply to my emotigram that means she is not interested? ( Eventhough we are told never to assume because that makes a (fill in the blank) out of you and me. Would it really be that much trouble to say "No thank you I'm not interested, or maybe Catholic Match could add a feature that address this issue? This is very frustrating! I don't know about everyone else but being rejected is a part of life that happens to everyone sooner or later. We must pick ourselves back up and continue forward just as Jesus did on the way to Calvary.So Ladies, don't feel bad by turning us down.It's Okay! God Bless Don
Aug 7th 2014 new
(quote) Donald-347054 said: This is for all the guys on Catholic Match ( I'm sure you ladies can relate too!) should I assume if I don't receive a reply to my emotigram that means she is not interested? ( Eventhough we are told never to assume because that makes a (fill in the blank) out of you and me. Would it really be that much trouble to say "No thank you I'm not interested, or maybe Catholic Match could add a feature that address this issue? This is very frustrating! I don't know about everyone else but being rejected is a part of life that happens to everyone sooner or later. We must pick ourselves back up and continue forward just as Jesus did on the way to Calvary.So Ladies, don't feel bad by turning us down.It's Okay! God Bless Don
Either she isn't interested or she hasn't read it. Either way, you have no path to move forward with that person, so move on to the next. There is no assumption involved: you are playing the hand you were dealt.

What type of feature would you propose that Catholic Match add to address this "issue"?

Aug 7th 2014 new
Have a option that you can select like the ones listed on the emotigram replies.
Aug 8th 2014 new
The most surprising thing to me is that I can send a personal email to someone, and they never even bother to look at my profile. You would think that they would look at my profile out of curiosity, if nothing else. That I do not understand at all, especially since in most cases I can see that they are still active on the site, whether they are a paid member or not. Of course, unpaid members cannot respond, other than by sending a smile, so that is kind of pointless. Unpaid members could look at my profile, so that does not really explain what is going on there.

You just have to realize that most of the time, your emails or emotigrams will not elicit any response. To me, that means that I just need to work harder, realizing that only a fraction of the folks that I contact will respond at all. Of course I keep track of all this, so I know what the statistics are, I don't have to guess.

For me, it is kind of a statistical thing. If you know that most emails will not produce any response, then you send out more emails to compensate for the poor return rate.

Think like a saleman, you have to knock on a lot of doors to sell something, in this case, yourself.
Aug 8th 2014 new
I would be so very happy to see CM let the paid members know they have tried to contact an unpaid member. No need to brand their foreheads with a scarlet "UP" for unpaid, but how bad could it be for CM's bottom line? I should think they lose more people because of the frustration from getting no response and taking it as personal rejection.
There are several threads along this line just now, there always have been and there likely always will be.
Personally, I figure it's like sending out a message in a bottle. Odds are, your message just hasn't been received.
Aug 8th 2014 new
Donald,
Been there done that and the t-shirt was too small so I gave it away. LOL If I had a dollar for every correspondence that received no answer I would be able to buy lunch and dinner for a couple days in one week. Trust me it's not that they care but more that they don't care at all about anyone. Even the paying members don't respond. So don't take it personally it happens to us all. Funny thing though, I have gotten some messages from women here whom I did not contact. It seems on this site if you do nothing you may actually hear from someone, but don't hold your breath waiting. It happens but it's a rare case.
Robert
Aug 8th 2014 new

Hi Jerry

On rsvp.com.au they have a feature with about 8 possible answers if you don't want to proceed

like one of the following. There are more options but I can only think of a few

1. Thanks for the smile. I am currently corresponding with another member on this site.

2. I am only looking for someone local

3. Thank you for the smile. I am not looking in your area at the moment.

4.I don't think we are match. Thank you for taking the time to message me.

there are about eight if you want to look at the site.

God Bless

Claire

Aug 9th 2014 new
Donald, if nudging them with an emotigram didn't work the first time, you could wink then with a message after a month or so so it won't be creepy or stalkerish. I believe in second chances, plus if it's meant to be.... Then move one.
Aug 9th 2014 new
(quote) Donald-347054 said: Have a option that you can select like the ones listed on the emotigram replies.
It seems it doesn't matter what you send, or to whom you send it! I sent a message to a paid member(I know because is in this thread) and he did not have the courtesy to respond. Others have said that my being 3 years older than he was a major deal breaker. So hey folks, let's not complain about responses when you, yourself, reject others without a second thought. Just my two cents!
Aug 11th 2014 new
Thanks Richard, for your feedback. Thats all you can do is keep trying. I have to sometimes remind myself that we operate under God's timetable not our own.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14