Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am new to the online dating world. I have only been on for about two months. I find it very disrespectful for you to reach out to others and not to respond in any fashion what so ever. This is supposed to be a Catholic site to meet and communicate with like minded people. G-d or Jesus for that matter would never disrespect others in the fashion that I experience here on this site. I'm not saying all are like this, but the majority are. If you call yourself a Catholic and preach his word you would never treat others in the manor that I am being treated. You don't have to like me or agree with me any way, but to simple write back and say you are not interested goes along way. Is that to much to ask? I don't think so. This is not easy for for me to be on here and for me to reach out to you and compliment you takes a lot from me. I am not the perfect Catholic nor do I believe in some of the churches teaching, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude and just ignore people. To me that is just as bad because you set this stipulation that you are better then me. If you believe in G-d and what he has to offer you should others as you want to be treated. How would you feel if you put yourself out there and someone ignored you. It is not a very good feeling. To me people are hiding behind there religion and conforming to there ideologies. If you call yourself a G-d featuring women you wouldn't be treating me like you are.
Aug 8th new
There should be a standard cautionary note that people who hold a "free" membership cannot reply. There are many inactive and unpaid members. They do not get to read (at least for a week) what you write to them and they do not have the opportunity to write back.
Aug 8th new
For starters, why are you writing "G-d"? This is a catholic site so you can write God, it is ok. Second, if a woman is not interested, does her writing back and saying "I am not interested" really make that much of a difference? Now, if you have had some contact with her and she changes her mind, that is different. Otherwise, who cares? Concentrate on the women that do reply.
Aug 8th new
(quote) Vincent-1090916 said: I am new to the online dating world. I have only been on for about two months. I find it very disrespectful for you to reach out to others and not to respond in any fashion what so ever. This is supposed to be a Catholic site to meet and communicate with like minded people. G-d or Jesus for that matter would never disrespect others in the fashion that I experience here on this site. I'm not saying all are like this, but the majority are. If you call yourself a Catholic and preach his word you would never treat others in the manor that I am being treated. You don't have to like me or agree with me any way, but to simple write back and say you are not interested goes along way. Is that to much to ask? I don't think so. This is not easy for for me to be on here and for me to reach out to you and compliment you takes a lot from me. I am not the perfect Catholic nor do I believe in some of the churches teaching, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude and just ignore people. To me that is just as bad because you set this stipulation that you are better then me. If you believe in G-d and what he has to offer you should others as you want to be treated. How would you feel if you put yourself out there and someone ignored you. It is not a very good feeling. To me people are hiding behind there religion and conforming to there ideologies. If you call yourself a G-d featuring women you wouldn't be treating me like you are.
Ah, Vincent my dear, what you have written is a constant issue on this site for men and women. In fact, if you scroll down through the forums and threads, you will find this very lamentation running thick and deep. I don't understand it either. I have lost track of the number of non-responses I have received from CM gentlemen.

You are quite accurate in saying that it takes effort to be here and to try to reach out to others of the opposite sex - it is a risk. I certainly hope your time here is more fruitful with regards to meeting your potential wife. I find myself questioning why I am here since membership on CM has failed to generate even so much as a Skype opportunity. I truly don't know what Catholic men are looking for...

That being said, the forums (or fora) are filled with good people who are supportive and helpful. Be sure to participate in them and don't become like so many men here who have profiles but never respond to anything and never participate in anything.

God bless theheart
Aug 8th new
(quote) Vincent-1090916 said: I am new to the online dating world. I have only been on for about two months. I find it very disrespectful for you to reach out to others and not to respond in any fashion what so ever. This is supposed to be a Catholic site to meet and communicate with like minded people. G-d or Jesus for that matter would never disrespect others in the fashion that I experience here on this site. I'm not saying all are like this, but the majority are. If you call yourself a Catholic and preach his word you would never treat others in the manor that I am being treated. You don't have to like me or agree with me any way, but to simple write back and say you are not interested goes along way. Is that to much to ask? I don't think so. This is not easy for for me to be on here and for me to reach out to you and compliment you takes a lot from me. I am not the perfect Catholic nor do I believe in some of the churches teaching, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude and just ignore people. To me that is just as bad because you set this stipulation that you are better then me. If you believe in G-d and what he has to offer you should others as you want to be treated. How would you feel if you put yourself out there and someone ignored you. It is not a very good feeling. To me people are hiding behind there religion and conforming to there ideologies. If you call yourself a G-d featuring women you wouldn't be treating me like you are.
Well firstly Vincent, welcome to the forums wave

Secondly, not all women are like that, in fact I'd dare say the majority of active, paying customers are not like that. Anyone who writes me, I write them back. Anyone who takes my interview I take theirs (if they have one...) too. Anyone who sends me an emote, I send one back. Anyone who views my profile, I'll view theirs too.

Thirdly, what you are describing is unfortunately truly a two-way street. The same thing has happened to me time and time and time again, I put myself out there and nada. I know how it feels, like you're invisible and/or there something so glaringly 'wrong' with you that others can't even take 10 seconds to respond. Guys in my own age group more times than not also do not reciprocate attempts at communication.

I've come to the conclusion that the online dating world is similar to the real world in that every person you look at, smile at, talk to, show interest in in the real world are not always going to look back, smile back, engage in conversation or show interest because maybe they just aren't interested, are too busy, are involved with someone else, have lots of issues/problems at present to deal with etc. And that in both 'worlds' if/when one puts too much of him/herself out there, that can really freak some people out. That being said, maybe timing just isn't right or too much was shared too soon. If you truly like someone on here, just as you might be interested in someone you come across in your everyday life, but she doesn't at first seem interested or want to communicate, give her another chance or two. Show a bit of persistence (though don't overdo it!) just to let her know that you really would like to get to know her and that when she might have the time/ability to talk, then you very much would like to communicate with her. Let her know your online door is open and that there's no pressure, just a lovely interest.

Take care and God bless wink

Aug 8th new
Vincent,
It happens to every age group yours is no exception. I had one woman go crazy that I asked her out and she cut off all contact and went inactive for a while. Let's face it some people can't handle online contact at all. Makes you wonder why they are online at all.
If you don't receive a response, don't take it personally it seems most of the women here do that. Maybe you will be lucky and some one will contact you on her own with no prompting. It happened to me here. Patience is a virtue but one that is tested every day. If it is meant to be it will happen.
Robert

Aug 8th new

It's already been said but if they don't write you back then just forget about them. The knowledge that they're inconsiderate should override whatever attracted you to them in the first place. Honestly I think this "majority" you refer to won't except anything unless they're clearly getting the better of the exchange. So basically you end up with a large group that's waiting for Brad Pitt to log in and ask them out. Eventually they'll probably realize that's not going to happen.

And yes, I'm sure a lot of guys are the same (though hopefully not waiting on Mr. Pitt). tongue

Aug 8th new

hi there

I just checked out your profile and here is what I can think of that might send those young ladies running into your arms.

You pic is very hard to see. It is too dark. This is something the ladies need to do as well.

2. lots of ladies would be scared off because your answer is no to premarital sex.Meaning that you think sex before marriage is okay with you.

3. To the ideal number of kids you have 1-2. I had one of" number of'

. and then reconsidered and put Don't have an ideal. Lots of ladies might be put off by the fact that you have already made up your mind and it is set in concrete

yes folks male/female might still not answer and I don't know why. I recently got a lovely reply

"Thank you for the smile. How is your search going? Every good wish for the future"

Aug 8th new
Hey Vincent ... I'm truly sorry that you've had a discouraging experience on CM. We've all been there. Everyone has made a great point(s) here. And I do agree with my Jersey girl, Mary wink
Aug 8th new
I would like to thank all of you for your encouraging words...it truly means a lot that you took the time to post on the subject I set forth. I learned a valuable lesson and won't make the same mistake twice. I just thought online dating would be different. You are all very kind and will instill the knowledge you gave me and put it to good use. Thank you again.
Posts 1 - 10 of 53