Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A few years ago I started to experiment with writing poetry. When I discovered Khalil Gibran in my 30's I was hook. His expression of the spiritual pierced my heart and I wanted to try it out. A beloved friend advised me to listen quietly to my feeling and write the first line I heard. I tried it and it work!!! I write but not so often anymore. But when I do I always feel it is a product of me cooperating with the Holy Spirit in my. I believe all good things come from Him. Would love to share some poetry on this forum....I've never shared before :))

Aug 9th new
If I could share a pew, with a girl like you
You'd be the perfect girl, cause protestants make me hurl faint
Aug 9th new

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Joe is the name of a bow

who could not through but WOw!

It's Joe

What do you know?

He is the bow who couldn't throw but he has a lot of dough !!!!!!!

Aug 9th new
Nash, Just took a peak at the poems. Thank you so much for sharing. My brother and sister both wrote poetry and they were quite good. I have no talent in that area and up until today....no interest in reading poetry. Now I am very impressed and plan to read more of Khalil Gibran. I am so impressed! Again, thank you.
Aug 9th new
(quote) Nash-1103154 said:

Joe is the name of a bow

who could not through but WOw!

It's Joe

What do you know?

He is the bow who couldn't throw but he has a lot of dough !!!!!!!

If you were as wise as Joe

needing to store the dough

just remember how far

'tis from house to jar

when a withdrawl is needed in snow two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents two cents :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents: :twocents:
Aug 10th new
mischievous Joe YOur your a guy with dough, a poet and you didn't even know it!!!
Aug 10th new
Looked for the poems but didn't see them - am I blind?
Aug 10th new

I'm afraid that such poetic gifts as I have are of the lowest and most frivolous kind:

Nash's Limerick

She can quote from the Gospels synoptic

Has appeal both inner and optic

Consecrated to Mary,

She's extraordinary

Writes poems, loves kids and she's Coptic!

(I know, I know -- 'keep your day job!' laughing)

Aug 10th new
A very famous poet, Ogden Nash.......

Celery, raw
Develops the jaw,
But celery, stewed,
Is more quietly chewed.
Aug 10th new
aren't you quite the fella chewing in the brew...
nash shak'n mate....
never more passing out the dough....
crumbled and worn but tak'n ....
sweets thing is all it takes ...
tak'n it on the road never looking back.........
rose rose rose heart shamrock Clover

Posts 1 - 10 of 104