Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Making a mess in the oven. Two fresh peach pies bubbled over and now the Bumbleberry pie has spilled over too.
Tonight's project is replacing the batteries in the smoke detector and tomorrow's is cleaning the oven --not a happy thought.

So, have you made a mess of anything lately?
Aug 8th new
Painting the garage.
One broken window has rot in the corner and I am waiting for a call back from a contractor while working with the kids on other sections..
Next, we found a hornets nest. Sprayed the hornets nest and are waiting an hour before moving forward with the project...later working together on my sons penny saver route so that my son can stay home in the am to put on the coat of paint that clearly will not be finished today...
oh and I have peaches to make a pie with today too.
Aug 9th new

Not lately because from my myriad mistakes I've learned what not to attempt! I wish I could find for you the photo of my try at microwaving Alfredo sauce in the jar....

BTW, if you know how to change smoke alarm batteries, I'm going to kidnap you and bring you here to change mine. I can't even get the silly things open.

Aug 9th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Making a mess in the oven. Two fresh peach pies bubbled over and now the Bumbleberry pie has spilled over too.
Tonight's project is replacing the batteries in the smoke detector and tomorrow's is cleaning the oven --not a happy thought.

So, have you made a mess of anything lately?
Don't forget to buy some cookie sheets while you're getting the replacement batteries!

Aug 9th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Not lately because from my myriad mistakes I've learned what not to attempt! I wish I could find for you the photo of my try at microwaving Alfredo sauce in the jar....

BTW, if you know how to change smoke alarm batteries, I'm going to kidnap you and bring you here to change mine. I can't even get the silly things open.

Send me a plane ticket... (Though it might be cheaper just to ship the smoke detectors)

Aug 9th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Try a baseball bat... works for shutting up that irritating low battery chirp too.
Aug 9th new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Send me a plane ticket... (Though it might be cheaper just to ship the smoke detectors)

Too late, Jerry. You're plane ticket's already on the way.
Nice work, Marge!
Aug 9th new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Don't forget to buy some cookie sheets while you're getting the replacement batteries!

Cookie sheets I've got, but putting them under the pie plates (even on the next lower shelf) makes for uneven heat and that messes up the crust. Trust me on this one. Pie crust I know.
:blowing own horn: I took 1st and 3rd and "Best in show" with the two pies I baked for this year's county fair.
Aug 9th new

I'd be more than happy to mail them to you except that I can't detach them, either.

Hopelessly hopeless, on housework, here.

Aug 9th new

That's my next step.

Honestly, do they actually do any good? The only room I need them in is the kitchen, and they never put them there.

Posts 1 - 10 of 21