Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am also on other dating sites.  I get frequent responses from men who are in the DFW area who are also Catholic. I am just curious if folks here find that "locals" on this site appear to be reticent to communicate as well. My profiles are about the same, yet I have only had one DFW person from CM contact me. Do other CM Members encounter this same phenomenon?
Aug 9th 2014 new

I've never even been browsed by someone in my area, let alone contacted. And I've received very few responses to my browses, emotes, or messages.

People who arrange CM get-togethers regularly report that attendees are usually not folks who live nearby.

I think that even today, when online "dating" (hahahaha) is not new or uncommon, there is still a stigma about it, so people prefer to look farther afield.

Aug 9th 2014 new
Perhaps they are afraid we will see them in Church? I just think it is sad, because there are a few Texans that I would certainly like to know more about, but after I send a note(not a flirt or emotigram) it is not answered and yet I know they are paying members. Oh well..... Guess I will stay on other dating sites.
Aug 9th 2014 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: I am also on other dating sites.  I get frequent responses from men who are in the DFW area who are also Catholic. I am just curious if folks here find that "locals" on this site appear to be reticent to communicate as well. My profiles are about the same, yet I have only had one DFW person from CM contact me. Do other CM Members encounter this same phenomenon?
I have been viewed by many locals but have not met up with any. I have messaged local guys, but have been ignored. So I guess that is the way it goes...

Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: I am also on other dating sites.  I get frequent responses from men who are in the DFW area who are also Catholic. I am just curious if folks here find that "locals" on this site appear to be reticent to communicate as well. My profiles are about the same, yet I have only had one DFW person from CM contact me. Do other CM Members encounter this same phenomenon?
Christine,
I tend to get ignored by local men. One funny experience I had was when on a different site, I was matched with someone from my town and viewed his profile, and I thought he looked fairly familiar but I couldn't place him. Then I took my 3rd grade boys to basketball practice a few nights later and the penny dropped. It was the father of my son's best friend, but I didn't know him well. We did exchange an email agreeing to a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. He's not free to marry, and I am not his "type." It made me feel a bit awkward at the time that he knew I was on the site because I hadn't told anyone in my family or in my circle of friends that I was interested in dating again. But it worked out just fine.
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Christine,
I tend to get ignored by local men. One funny experience I had was when on a different site, I was matched with someone from my town and viewed his profile, and I thought he looked fairly familiar but I couldn't place him. Then I took my 3rd grade boys to basketball practice a few nights later and the penny dropped. It was the father of my son's best friend, but I didn't know him well. We did exchange an email agreeing to a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. He's not free to marry, and I am not his "type." It made me feel a bit awkward at the time that he knew I was on the site because I hadn't told anyone in my family or in my circle of friends that I was interested in dating again. But it worked out just fine.
is this a possibility that locals are out of tune and don't touch scenerio ... is this a possibility that the reason or lack of lack of local connection .... um, like in the stores, announcing shoppers beware or something like that .... just putting something on the alert button or on the window ..... hug crossfingers scratchchin
Aug 10th 2014 new
Funny, I am one of those people who shy away from local men. I can't fully explain why. I think I'm afraid of being pressured into meeting someone who lives close, and then if things don't work out, running into them somewhere or actually being stalked if they live close. I also fear being outed, since my anonymity here is important to me and not many people in my real world know I am on an online dating site. Does any of this make sense to anyone?. In this big city, the practicing Catholic world is very small.

I'm not saying I never check NYC men, but I search and carefully check their photo albums first, to get an idea if I could be attracted to them, of family ties, lifestyle, marital status or whatever other clues I can find in their album before deciding whether or not to check their profile. Of those from NYC I've check, response had been 0%.
Aug 10th 2014 new
funny thing happen in conversation tonight, you might end up dating her/his dau/son .... getting smaller and smaller world for me at least .... better keep it LDR and don't ever have to meet either .... crossfingers shhh scratchchin .....
Aug 11th 2014 new
The way I see it, if someone sees you on a dating site they are in the same boat as you. No need to feel awkward about it!

As far as people not wanting to meet locals, it makes me question their intentions. Why pay all the money to be a subscriber if you really just want to communicate online or via the phone? Are they just looking for an ego boost? I put money into this site, I'm looking for something long term and permanent! Local is ideal for that!
Aug 11th 2014 new
(quote) Kristen-1074919 said: The way I see it,.................... I put money into this site, I'm looking for something long term and permanent! Local is ideal for that!
AMEN !
Posts 1 - 10 of 21