I won't talk with someone with no photo. It is a fairness and security issue for me.
Why would they think it is helpful to avoid a photo? It just does not make sense.
This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."
Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter
1. No one around to take their photo.
2. Lousy at doing "selfies".
3. Well-known in their town, don't want it obvious that they're on a "dating" website (which this isn't).
4. New member whose photos haven't passed muster yet.
5. Someone who wanted to browse but had to make profile to do so.
Bear in mind, many people -- usually for reason #3, don't use a profile picture but have plenty in their profile.