Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

For some reason over half the fellows in my area, near San Diego, do not post a photo.
I won't talk with someone with no photo. It is a fairness and security issue for me.
Why would they think it is helpful to avoid a photo? It just does not make sense.

Aug 10th new
very warm welcome to the Fora/OP Sally wave smile.......

you will find that this has been discussed numerous times in the forums.... in my case being vulnerable thus keeping it low key and anonymity ... some of us are not current members and some due to jobs, or other personal commitments and reasons .... eventually in my case, I will reappear and share at the appropriate time that is comfortable when all things have settle down ....
Aug 10th new

1. No one around to take their photo.
2. Lousy at doing "selfies".
3. Well-known in their town, don't want it obvious that they're on a "dating" website (which this isn't).
4. New member whose photos haven't passed muster yet.
5. Someone who wanted to browse but had to make profile to do so.

Bear in mind, many people -- usually for reason #3, don't use a profile picture but have plenty in their profile.

So...browse away!

Aug 12th new
Sally,
How many gents browse your profile? And if they do, do they have photos. I find that not having a photo is not exactly condusive to making yourself very available. Just my opininon.
Robert
Aug 12th new
(quote) Robert-863708 said: Sally,
How many gents browse your profile? And if they do, do they have photos. I find that not having a photo is not exactly condusive to making yourself very available. Just my opininon.
Robert
agreed w/you wholeheartedly .......

however, maybe if there's interest and curiosity it might be great conversation piece of something, and who knows where it might take off....ok, not towards to the moon that would be too risky, costly and challenging crossfingers scratchchin ...
Aug 14th new
Poor self image?
Posts 1 - 6 of 6