Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

election is looming and here we are ... evil might be slowly creeping around our lives, if this a country w/God !!! ..... lack of apathy or whatever !!! ... so what are your thoughts from this article and does it justice at your end of the spectrum ..... if not, do we pray and ask God to elect God fearing political figures to guide/lead God's people w/respect and dignity or do we just go check off who ever is one of the lesser evil in the final analysis !!! ..... homes.yahoo.com ... did they do meticulous research without bias/prejudice !!! ... is this an uphill battle for righteousness/humanity !!! .... is it possible to take this coutry the U.S.A. to a different course of history or doom from a better word depending on our indiividual opinion/vision !!! .... hindsight -> "we should have done this and we didn't" ...... surely, these coming elections will be tell tale sign of !!! .... rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose

A recent report set out to rank states by their level of corruption, based on arrest and conviction records for public officials. These are the results. By Rober McGarvey, Mainstreet.com

1: Mississippi. The poorest state in the U.S. Also the one whose corruption most approaches levels in a Third World country.

2: Louisiana. Ask Ray Nagin, erstwhile two-term New Orleans mayor, recently convicted for taking bribes. His main beef is probably "Why me? Everybody else is on the take." He may be right.

3: Tennessee. They are singing the blues about a state where Diogenes might futilely hunt for that one honest public official.

4: Illinois. An old standby. The last two governors both went to jail for corruption. Enough said.

5: Pennsylvania. Who saw this coming? Brooklynites have weekend houses here. New Jersey residents plan retirements in the Poconos. But the data say: There's bigtime corruption here.

6: Alabama. In a state where little functions properly and poverty is epidemic, you were expecting better?

7: Alaska. It's about the public monies, as oil and gas dwindle, and that's the kindling for corruption.

8: South Dakota. Admit it, you're surprised. But the state is aflutter in an oil and gas boom, and that sets the stage for a lot of bribery.

9: Kentucky. No surprise there. Between illegal stills and marijuana farms - with bookmaking on the Derby thrown in - there's a lot to excite a public official's bribery instinct.

10: Florida. Known for bogus speed traps and building inspectors on the take, this is a place where you might want to carry envelopes of cash.

Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: election is looming and here we are ... evil might be slowly creeping around our lives, if this a country w/God !!! ..... lack of apathy or whatever !!! ... so what are your thoughts from this article and does it justice at your end of the spectrum ..... if not, do we pray and ask God to elect God fearing political figures to guide/lead God's people w/respect and dignity or do we just go check off who ever is one of the lesser evil in the final analysis !!! ..... https://homes.yahoo.com/news/the-most-corrupt-states-in-america-033250358.html ... did they do meticulous research without bias/prejudice !!! ... is this an uphill battle for righteousness/humanity !!! .... is it possible to take this coutry the U.S.A. to a different course of history or doom from a better word depending on our indiividual opinion/vision !!! .... hindsight -> "we should have done this and we didn't" ...... surely, these coming elections will be tell tale sign of !!! ....

A recent report set out to rank states by their level of corruption, based on arrest and conviction records for public officials. These are the results. By Rober McGarvey, Mainstreet.com

1: Mississippi. The poorest state in the U.S. Also the one whose corruption most approaches levels in a Third World country.

2: Louisiana. Ask Ray Nagin, erstwhile two-term New Orleans mayor, recently convicted for taking bribes. His main beef is probably "Why me? Everybody else is on the take." He may be right.

3: Tennessee. They are singing the blues about a state where Diogenes might futilely hunt for that one honest public official.

4: Illinois. An old standby. The last two governors both went to jail for corruption. Enough said.

5: Pennsylvania. Who saw this coming? Brooklynites have weekend houses here. New Jersey residents plan retirements in the Poconos. But the data say: There's bigtime corruption here.

6: Alabama. In a state where little functions properly and poverty is epidemic, you were expecting better?

7: Alaska. It's about the public monies, as oil and gas dwindle, and that's the kindling for corruption.

8: South Dakota. Admit it, you're surprised. But the state is aflutter in an oil and gas boom, and that sets the stage for a lot of bribery.

9: Kentucky. No surprise there. Between illegal stills and marijuana farms - with bookmaking on the Derby thrown in - there's a lot to excite a public official's bribery instinct.

10: Florida. Known for bogus speed traps and building inspectors on the take, this is a place where you might want to carry envelopes of cash.

Well, you have pretty much covered the east coast states; makes the west and midwest states out to be angels. I know I am covered; we have Sheriff Joe, the toughest Sheriff in the west. I don't know what we would do without this tough talking/acting CATHOLIC man.
Aug 10th 2014 new
Having worked in all but three, I say: Illinois, New York, New Jersey, and Louisiana.
Aug 10th 2014 new
Louisiana has always been a corrupt state. That's no surprise due to the politics.
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Rhonda-45054 said: Louisiana has always been a corrupt state. That's no surprise due to the politics.
most likely is rampant but not caught red handed it still green light .............
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: most likely is rampant but not caught red handed it still green light .............
Louisiana's only 4 term Governer Edwin Edwards who served from the 1970's to 1990's was convicted of racketeering back in 2001 and served several years in a federal prison. He's out and running for Congress.
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Rhonda-45054 said: Louisiana's only 4 term Governer Edwin Edwards who served from the 1970's to 1990's was convicted of racketeering back in 2001 and served several years in a federal prison. He's out and running for Congress.
maybe position is open only for those who have special certificate of authenticity behind closed doors of street smart experts ...... maybe also, all others not welcome due to extreme cost and back room financial support/wheeling and dealing ..... so what is the loop to be in the run for a honest and trust politician that would be question of the century crossfingers scratchchin ....
Aug 12th 2014 new
Genie,
New Mexico speicalizes in embezzlement. Here they steal from people in business and government. In the current year we have had 2 or 3 county officials from around the state brought up on charges. I think New Mexico should be at least in the top 8 corrupt states. Gey whiz who comes up with these surveys anyway?! Frankly, I think they missed the boat.
Robert
Aug 12th 2014 new
(quote) Robert-863708 said: Genie,
New Mexico speicalizes in embezzlement. Here they steal from people in business and government. In the current year we have had 2 or 3 county officials from around the state brought up on charges. I think New Mexico should be at least in the top 8 corrupt states. Gey whiz who comes up with these surveys anyway?! Frankly, I think they missed the boat.
Robert
another one that I recall is bell, CA their salaries where over the rooof .....en.wikipedia.org
Aug 17th 2014 new
How about California??? Our legislators are either in the back pocket of big agribusiness, labor unions or high tech moguls. Most of the rest are committed to promoting the gay lifestyle. I will agree there are a precious few who are committed to building a moral family oriented community.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10