Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I believe that Adam & Eve are created by God to be "soulmate" to each other.

Does "soulmate" still exist in this world? What do you think?

Living as a happy single is much better than being with a wrong person.

The best thing is to find & share the meaningful life with a soulmate who understands you deeply.

Aug 10th new
(quote) Sophia-1100594 said:

The best thing is to find & share the meaningful life with a soulmate who understands you deeply.

"Soulmate" is a fantasy and never did exist. Adam and Eve were never created to be "soulmates", they were created to be "help mates" to each other; read your bible.
Aug 10th new
For me, the question is simply can it happen twice? I don't know.
Aug 10th new
"Soulmate" is a word I often associate with women describing a man they want to be in a sexual relationship with, but not to be married to. In other words, a relationship with benefits. I also don't believe that generations prior to Baby Boomers used this description much or at all. It's a trendy thing. If used in the context of marriage, great. Otherwise, why not marry your "soulmate"?
Aug 10th new
(quote) Andrew-1045895 said: "Soulmate" is a word I often associate with women describing a man they want to be in a sexual relationship with, but not to be married to. In other words, a relationship with benefits. I also don't believe that generations prior to Baby Boomers used this description much or at all. It's a trendy thing. If used in the context of marriage, great. Otherwise, why not marry your "soulmate"?
I've never heard ''soulmate'' defined that way.
Aug 10th new
I agree.
I think "soulmate" is a Hollywood invention.
I do think, though, that deep love and generous living are possible and result in the kind of love stories wherein the term "soulmate" is used.
Aug 10th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I agree.
I do think, though, that deep love and generous living are possible and result in the kind of love stories wherein the term "soulmate" is used.
I concur!
Aug 10th new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: I agree.
So well put!! Completely agree!:)
Aug 10th new
I agree with Sophia in terms of being help mates. God wants us to get married so we can help each other get into heaven.
Aug 10th new
(quote) Sophia-1100594 said:

maybe wondering if it means he/she has a soul and mate as in mating !!! .... also, maybe wondering if one can have fruitful conversing on growing/increase in the faith which you would not likely be in the company of four legged friend (unless has exception cases) ..... maybe, the one who has a soul and mate can keep you company in places that is not otherwise accessible to your four legged friend (unless has exception cases) .... maybe going deeper, that soul and mate is capable of sacrifice and love in ways we might not have experience or have knowledge ...
Posts 1 - 10 of 28