Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Deal Breakers.

Aug 10th 2014 new
In today's society a lot of pet peeves or just general behavior can be considered a deal breaker, keep in mind that it really does vary person to person.
So at what point in the dating " game " does one find themselves making a list of qualities that would qualify as deal breakers? Would anyone here consider having a deal breaker list a bad or good thing?
Opinions please.
Aug 10th 2014 new
Seems to me that having a deal-breaker list is a necessary part of knowing what you want and don't want. If you've reached adulthood (much less, say, middle age) without being able to state what you don't want, you haven't learned much from experience. And if you have a mental list, you may as well write it down. Whether what you write down is reasonable or not is another question.
Aug 10th 2014 new
Agreed! A deal breaker list can be a good thing if it is balanced and fair to others. I choose not to call it that, however, because it seems really harsh. I prefer "preferences".
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: . If you've reached adulthood (much less, say, middle age) without being able to state what you don't want, you haven't learned much from experience.

I would say, rather, being able to state what you know doesn't work for you.

I may WANT a man who's short and brown-eyed and doesn't smoke. I KNOW that I don't really mind smoking, but am not happy when a man is as wild about his pet as he is about me.

Aug 10th 2014 new
Dude! New picture!!! thumbsup
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

I may WANT a man who's short and brown-eyed and doesn't smoke. I KNOW that I don't really mind smoking, but am not happy when a man is as wild about his pet as he is about me.

We're in agreement, you're just being more precise than I was, writing as usual in haste.
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Smoking is a deal breaker for me. I don't mean to be harsh. It may be a deal breaker for him too. Perhaps he wants a smoker. It is personal preference. I am not judging him; I just have a hard time being around cigarette smoke.
Aug 10th 2014 new
I am very reluctant to deal with people with a past history of drug or alcohol abuse. While I pray for them and wish them the best, having lived with a problem drinker, I'm not sure I could do it again.
Aug 10th 2014 new
I think smoking is my only deal-breaker. I just don't like being around the smell of smoke!
Aug 10th 2014 new
(quote) Nessa-1054423 said: I think smoking is my only deal-breaker. I just don't like being around the smell of smoke!
Smoking is a definite deal breaker. Kissing a woman who smokes is like licking an ash tray. No thank you! Drug addiction is another, although not as quick to spot as smoking.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18