Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

From one of the saints of the day (August 13):

Christ, like a skillful physician, understands the weakness of men. He loves to teach the ignorant and the erring he turns again to his own true way. He is easily found by those who live by faith; and to those of pure eye and holy heart, who desire to knock at the door, he opens immediately. He does not disdain the barbarian, nor does he set the eunuch aside as no man. He does not hate the female on account of the womans act of disobedience in the beginning, nor does he reject the male on account of the mans transgression. But he seeks all, and desires to save all, wishing to make all the children of God, and calling all the saints unto one perfect man (Hippolytus, Treatise on Christ and Antichrist)

Aug 13th 2014 new
Amen! biggrin
Aug 15th 2014 new
Ditto! :-)
Aug 15th 2014 new
(quote) Myrton-1093185 said: Ditto! :-)
That is beautiful.
Aug 15th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: That is beautiful.
Hah! You used two more words than I did! :-) Seriously, though, isn't Hippolytus something ? What else can one do but agree?
Aug 15th 2014 new
(quote) Myrton-1093185 said: Hah! You used two more words than I did! :-) Seriously, though, isn't Hippolytus something ? What else can one do but agree?
I know. I want to read more....
Posts 1 - 6 of 6