Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

About 14 months ago I became a member here on CM, and now it is time for me to go.
The reason for my departure is due to a relationship that I have started with a member here on CM.
A relationship that I firmly believe with all my heart will eventually end up in the "Success Stories" section here on CM.

There are so many here on CM that I would like to thank, starting with the staff itself.
From Brian the owner of the site, to the staff members fielding the support questions, to the developers willing to always do their best to address CM member's needs, to the Moderators who are 100% volunteering their time to assist in making the site as wonderful as it is. I cannot ever thank you all enough for helping me end up where I currently am in my life.
For the first several months here on CM, much of my time was spent in the chat rooms.
It is in the chat rooms where live conversations amongst up to 20 people at the same time made me feel as comfortable here on CM as at my families dinner table of 15+ people at every meal. Thank you to all of those who participate and/or have participated in the chat rooms.
A HUGE thank you to all of the members I have met here and learned so much from through their discussions and friendships right here in the forums.
Your prayers when requested were always supplied in abundance - the results of which have helped me and close friends through some pretty rough times in the past year+. There are those whose humor in the forums always made it a pleasure for me to participate in forum. To those whose knowledge of the Catholic faith and the wisdom to best present it here in the forums has made an everlasting positive impression in what I walked away with each day from the forums.
I have so much to be grateful for as to where I currently find myself in life, and so much of it has to do with everything and everyone here on Catholic Match. My focus has changed from being on a dating site, to doing everything within my power, God willing, to ensure that our relationship continues to grow deeper and closer with God always at the center. Everyone I have met here on CM should know it would not have happened without your help.

There are always so many questions here on CM in regards to various issues of dating someone, such as: distance, someone with kids, age differences, etc. I figured I would provide a bit of info that hopefully many will see as a positive sign that CM can lead to wonderful things.
In regards to a long distance relationship (LDR): The distance between us is about 350 miles which after a two day visit was a 900+ mile round trip several weeks ago. And I am so ready to make it a regular trip until the distance can be shortened.
In regards to family: I pray every day that she, her multiple kids, and myself become a family - yes it IS possible to start a brand new family at 49, and I am tickled pink at the possibility.
In regards to age: We are within a year in age of each other, and are both extremely comfortable with that.
I pray that someday the entire story can be told and that I can return the favor to CM its staff and its members by telling the story here in the "Success Stories" section - such that everyone I have met here can pride in knowing they helped write the story.

God bless you all.
Aug 16th 2014 new
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to read the success story! biggrin lovestruck! biggrin

Aug 16th 2014 new

What a beautiful story! I pray for God's Will. God bless you both. Jesus I Trust In You!

Aug 16th 2014 new
Your gratitude is inspiring, Dave! A grateful hear is the cornerstone of a happy life, and I believe it was Virgil who said it is the chiefest of virtues. Or maybe it was Aristotle....anyway, congratulations, and may God bless you and your lovely bride!
~Hope
Aug 16th 2014 new
I am very happy for you! I can sense the deep contentment in your heart! May we celebrate with you when your dreams and prayers come to fruition!
Aug 16th 2014 new
Fantastic news, Dave. God's blessings upon you and your lady!!!
Aug 16th 2014 new
Congratulations to both of you! God bless you on your journey together! wave Praying
Aug 16th 2014 new
Congratulations and best of luck in your pursuit of happiness!!
Aug 16th 2014 new
That's wonderful news David. I wish you both the best.

I will look for your ''success stories'' articles because you've peaked my curiosity as to who the lady is.

God bless you both.
theheart
Aug 16th 2014 new
Good luck to you, Dave.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18