Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

The Catholic Church of Holy Innocents, built in 1870, is threatened with closure by the Archdiocese of NY. There is no reason for it to be closed, as it has a vibrant community life and NO financial debt. It is also the only parish in NY that offers a daily Tridentine Mass. A one minute overview: www.youtube.com

PLEASE help by signing the online petition, and encourage your fellow Catholics to sign, as well: chn.ge

Let us help save this jewel in the crown of Christ's earthly kingdom!

Aug 17th new
Hello Blanche. Nice to meet you. We have the same problem here in Australia. Our "old" parish xyz south is closing down. One of my sons was married there and most recently one of my grandsons was baptised. Many great memories of happy times there. When it closes, apparently there has been a huge drop off in parishioners There is another parish nearby xyz north so folks will have to go up there It is sad I agree.
Aug 17th new
PrayingThis is so wrong, why do they want to stop a good thing, looks like many people go there.
Aug 17th new
I signed it and thanks for informing us about it. God only knows that if it were to close, it may suffer the same fate as that Syracuse Church: being turned into a mosque.
Aug 17th new
Signed! Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Aug 17th new
Blanche, thanks for your concern & efforts. I have been to Holy Innocents countless times in my travels around the US & would be stunned to lose this treasure; it is one of the churches I always seek out when in the NYC area. I can't even begin to understand why Cardinal Dolan would consider such a misguided move. Surely he is receiving & listening to poor advice. Petition signed & sent.
Aug 17th new
Praying rosary Petition signed and prayed for
Aug 17th new
(quote) Blanche-167373 said:

The Catholic Church of Holy Innocents, built in 1870, is threatened with closure by the Archdiocese of NY. There is no reason for it to be closed, as it has a vibrant community life and NO financial debt. It is also the only parish in NY that offers a daily Tridentine Mass. A one minute overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6YWal0Fdk

PLEASE help by signing the online petition, and encourage your fellow Catholics to sign, as well: http://chn.ge/1l8Afvv

Let us help save this jewel in the crown of Christ's earthly kingdom!

Signed it!
Aug 17th new
Thanks, Blanche. I signed the petition.
Aug 17th new
Thanks, Blanche. I signed the petition.
Posts 1 - 10 of 81