Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Archbishop of Mosul: "I have lost my Diocese to Islam - You in the West will also become the victims of Muslims"Armenian Orthodox church in Raqqa, Syria, now an ISIS office
Our sufferings today are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future. I lost my diocese. The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive.

Please, try to understand us. Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here. You must consider again our reality in the Middle East, because you are welcoming in your countries an always growing number of Muslims. Also you are in danger. You must take strong and courageous decisions, even at the cost of contradicting your principles. You think men are all equal. But that is not true: Islam does not say that men are all equal. Your values are not their values. If you do not understand this soon enough, you will become the victims of the enemy you have welcomed in your home.

Archbishop Amel Nona
Chaldean Catholic Archeparch of Mosul, now exiled in Erbil
August 14, 2014
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
Aug 17th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Archbishop of Mosul: "I have lost my Diocese to Islam - You in the West will also become the victims of Muslims"Armenian Orthodox church in Raqqa, Syria, now an ISIS office Our sufferings today are the prelude of those you, Europeans and Western Christians, will also suffer in the near future. I lost my diocese. The physical setting of my apostolate has been occupied by Islamic radicals who want us converted or dead. But my community is still alive.
Please, try to understand us. Your liberal and democratic principles are worth nothing here. You must consider again our reality in the Middle East, because you are welcoming in your countries an always growing number of Muslims. Also you are in danger. You must take strong and courageous decisions, even at the cost of contradicting your principles. You think men are all equal. But that is not true: Islam does not say that men are all equal. Your values are not their values. If you do not understand this soon enough, you will become the victims of the enemy you have welcomed in your home.
Archbishop Amel Nona Chaldean Catholic Archeparch of Mosul, now exiled in Erbil Corriere della Sera August 14, 2014http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/08/archbishop-of-mosul-i-have-lost-my.html
I believe what he is saying is true! Everyone needs to wake up and take heed! This message even ties into the message that Cardinal Francis George made about his successor being persecuted. I don't have it memorized but it is a powerful statement.
Aug 17th 2014 new
Thanks, Bernard. It's important to keep people informed about who.what we're dealing with. I'd say that in this battle, we're not just fighting muslims, but their sympathizers as well.

From Pope Urban II's speech instituting the First Crusade:

From the confines of Jerusalem and the city of Constantinople a horrible tale has gone forth and very frequently has been brought to our ears, namely, that a race from the kingdom of the Persians, an accursed race, a race utterly alienated from God, a generation forsooth which has not directed its heart and has not entrusted its spirit to God, has invaded the lands of those Christians and has depopulated them by the sword, pillage and fire; it has led away a part of the captives into its own country, and a part it has destroyed by cruel tortures; it has either entirely destroyed the churches of God or appropriated them for the rites of its own religion. They destroy the altars, after having defiled them with their uncleanness. They circumcise the Christians, and the blood of the circumcision they either spread upon the altars or pour into the vases of the baptismal font. When they wish to torture people by a base death, they perforate their navels, and dragging forth the extremity of the intestines, bind it to a stake; then with flogging they lead the victim around until the viscera having gushed forth the victim falls prostrate upon the ground. Others they bind to a post and pierce with arrows. Others they compel to extend their necks and then, attacking them with naked swords, attempt to cut through the neck with a single blow. What shall I say of the abominable rape of the women? To speak of it is worse than to be silent. The kingdom of the Greeks is now dismembered by them and deprived of territory so vast in extent that it can not be traversed in a march of two months. On whom therefore is the labor of avenging these wrongs and of recovering this territory incumbent, if not upon you? You, upon whom above other nations God has conferred remarkable glory in arms, great courage, bodily activity, and strength to humble the hairy scalp of those who resist you.

Aug 17th 2014 new
As I understand it, Jews' and Muslims' share of the American population is about two percent each at least. Perhaps it is time to put a limit on the number of Muslims allowed into the country, say no more than 5% tops. Probably wouldn't pass in these anything goes times, but it's worth a try. We should also expedite the immigration of those dispossessed Iraqi Christians and even the Yazidis if they wish to come here.
Aug 18th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: As I understand it, Jews' and Muslims' share of the American population is about two percent each at least. Perhaps it is time to put a limit on the number of Muslims allowed into the country, say no more than 5% tops. Probably wouldn't pass in these anything goes times, but it's worth a try. We should also expedite the immigration of those dispossessed Iraqi Christians and even the Yazidis if they wish to come here.
Hi Peter,

Just me, but after the record of the Evian Conference and the U S policies since Jan 2009, something about this gives me an itch between the shoulder blades....

I guess I would need to hear the/your definition of Muslim before I would consider that kind of limit.
Aug 19th 2014 new
How sad. Is this what it takes to open folks eyes. Or do we need more?
Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Peter,

Just me, but after the record of the Evian Conference and the U S policies since Jan 2009, something about this gives me an itch between the shoulder blades....

I guess I would need to hear the/your definition of Muslim before I would consider that kind of limit.
Hi Bernie Isn't there always a limit? Could you really reconcile yourself to the prospect of a Muslim-majority USA? What about a 30% Muslim USA? or am I misunderstanding?
Posts 1 - 7 of 7