Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Introduce yourself!

Aug 19th 2014 new
Breaking the ice can be hard in any setting, right? I think it can be harder when interactions are limited to private messages between complete strangers. Profile info is great, but interaction gives so much more insight to another person's character, and group interaction can help us get to know each other more without the context of interested vs. not interested.

So here's what I have in mind:

*Post your name/greeting and where you're from
*What your chief interests are/goals in life
*Something you really love about the Catholic faith
*A brief sentence or two on what you think marriage is about
*A random fact about yourself (or two, or twenty-two)

Go!

Aug 19th 2014 new
I'll go first, since this was my idea:

I'm Aaron, and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska. Nebraska is the "Cornhusker" state, but I'm not quite as crazy about football as my fellow Nebraskans.

I love the arts and media, especially film. I also like cooking, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and music. I also like taking very stylistic photos. My main goal in life (other than trying to get to Heaven and taking my future family with me) is to create my own arts and media corporation to try to bring back the union of truth and beauty to those fields. It's a hopeless task, but fortunately our God can handle hopeless cases. :-)

I love how our faith encompasses the whole of human existence, and isn't missing anything. This is so beautiful, because even though our world is flawed because of sin, our faith acknowledges all of our desires, and understands that they have proper places. And so, we can use all of our desires to help us draw closer to God, rather than focusing only of suppressing or removing them; our faith encompasses all of existence.

I think that, second to the union between God and man, marriage is the deepest union that man is called to. By nature, it calls for great intimacy, and as a result, great sacrifice.

A random fact about me: Although I am an artistic thinker, I grew up on an acreage in rural Nebraska, and tended various animals.
Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Aaron-1107802 said: I'll go first, since this was my idea:

I'm Aaron, and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska. Nebraska is the "Cornhusker" state, but I'm not quite as crazy about football as my fellow Nebraskans.

I love the arts and media, especially film. I also like cooking, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and music. I also like taking very stylistic photos. My main goal in life (other than trying to get to Heaven and taking my future family with me) is to create my own arts and media corporation to try to bring back the union of truth and beauty to those fields. It's a hopeless task, but fortunately our God can handle hopeless cases. :-)

I love how our faith encompasses the whole of human existence, and isn't missing anything. This is so beautiful, because even though our world is flawed because of sin, our faith acknowledges all of our desires, and understands that they have proper places. And so, we can use all of our desires to help us draw closer to God, rather than focusing only of suppressing or removing them; our faith encompasses all of existence.

I think that, second to the union between God and man, marriage is the deepest union that man is called to. By nature, it calls for great intimacy, and as a result, great sacrifice.

A random fact about me: Although I am an artistic thinker, I grew up on an acreage in rural Nebraska, and tended various animals.
(Don't Get me wrong) Its good that ya started this thread; But Bro; anybody wants to find out about me; Please see (Me) My profile; An questions after you read about me? Just ask!
Aug 19th 2014 new

Marge, a California transplant living in Maine.
Goals: I really don't have any, to be honest.
What I love about Catholicism: it's TRUE! It's REASONABLE! It makes SENSE!
I KNOW what marriage is about: giving your all to another human being in imitation of Christ giving His all to the Church.
Random fact: I was born without wisdom teeth.

Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Aaron-1107802 said: Breaking the ice can be hard in any setting, right? I think it can be harder when interactions are limited to private messages between complete strangers. Profile info is great, but interaction gives so much more insight to another person's character, and group interaction can help us get to know each other more without the context of interested vs. not interested.

So here's what I have in mind:

*Post your name/greeting and where you're from
*What your chief interests are/goals in life
*Something you really love about the Catholic faith
*A brief sentence or two on what you think marriage is about
*A random fact about yourself (or two, or twenty-two)

Go!

Fun thread!:)
My name's Nessa...I'm from Toronto, Canada
Interests-music, traveling, animals. Goals-to have a family of my own God willing
What I love about the Catholic faith-the teachings, and sense of community
What I think marriage is about-growing in faith together, and helping each other get to heaven
Random fact- I have had my tonsils out!
biggrin wave

Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

Random fact: I was born without wisdom teeth.

Marge, you have so much wisdom that to have given you wisdom teeth would have been gilding the lily!
Aug 19th 2014 new
Hi, I'm Virginia. I'm a CM addict
All respond, "Hi, Virginia"
Aug 19th 2014 new
Hi! My name is Rhonda. I'm originally from South Louisiana now living outside of Dallas, Texas

I really don't have any immediate goals. Just to enjoy life one day time as it's thrown at me.

The fact that Catholicism has guided me through life to get me where I am today.

I think marriage is about faith, trust and partnership.

A random fact about me is that I'm a very neat slob......
Aug 19th 2014 new
Coming up to the microphone in my one-piece Catalina swimsuit:

Hi! My name is Kathy, and I am from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. For those who may be geographically challenged, it hangs above the mitten-shaped lower part. It's really connected to Wisconsin but for some reason they didn't want us. surprised

My goals: To make it to retirement in one piece, keeping my faculties intact, and happily living out the rest of my days with my one and only...someone I will meet here on CM, of course!

Alternate goal, in case the other one doesn't work out: To avoid living my life in quiet desperation.

What I love about being Catholic: The Triduum. It re-charges my spirit!
The Sign of the Cross: It reminds me every time who I am, and whose I am.

What marriage means to me: The opportunity to strive for selfless love. Unconditional love. Sacred love.

Fun fact: I am taking the ice bucket challenge on Thursday for a dear friend suffering from ALS. He's going to join me symbolically with a small glass of ice water over his head since he's paralyzed and on a respirator now.

Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Hi, I'm Virginia. I'm a CM addict
All respond, "Hi, Virginia"
Hi Virginia! wave
Posts 1 - 10 of 54