Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

are you popular?

Aug 19th 2014 new
were you ever a ...............
were you a football player
a cheerleader
a newscaster
A DJ
a musician
speaking of how you are today, would you consider yourself popular (hanging with the cool crowd, volunteer groups, singles groups, etc)
how do you rate popularity? would you want to marry someone who is considered popular with the opposite sex in the forums and talks about it to you? or would you want to marry a doormat?

Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: would you want to marry someone who is considered popular with the opposite sex in the forums and talks about it to you? or would you want to marry a doormat?

Isn't that's what's called a false dichotomy?
In any case:
-Would I want to marry someone who is considered popular...and talks about it to me? would depend on why they were popular and in what spirit they talked about it.
- Would I want to marry a doormat. No.
Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Isn't that's what's called a false dichotomy?
In any case:
-Would I want to marry someone who is considered popular...and talks about it to me? would depend on why they were popular and in what spirit they talked about it.
- Would I want to marry a doormat. No.
Paul,
you are a brave soul to be the first to answer.
I see your point where popularity in the forums are concerned. I have never told anyone that I felt as though I was popular in here so when I heard it once upon a time, I was taken back a little. guess everyone needs to toot their own horn once in a while.
I don't consider myself popular. Not even back in HS or when I was the rep for a singles group. I did what I had to do to get the job done and had fun. I never boasted about it. guess that is just how I am.
I have always wanted to be a DJ though! that was my dream job years ago.
Aug 19th 2014 new
DJ does sound like a fun job.
"Are You Popular?" is the title of a 1947 Coronet educational film for highschool students:
www.youtube.com
They were still showing some of the Coronet films when I was in junior high, though we laughed at them, probably too readily.

Aug 19th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: were you ever a ...............
were you a football player
a cheerleader
a newscaster
A DJ
a musician
speaking of how you are today, would you consider yourself popular (hanging with the cool crowd, volunteer groups, singles groups, etc)
how do you rate popularity? would you want to marry someone who is considered popular with the opposite sex in the forums and talks about it to you? or would you want to marry a doormat?

IMHO popularity is over rated. Most of the people, many of us would consider popular are attention seeking people. Their popularity has been set by the negative examples people choose to follow. They consider themselves leaders but in reality they lead a path of destruction.

Aug 20th 2014 new

I was a cheerleader. S-C-O-R-E. Score, Bulldogs, score! LOL

I think I am some-what popular, getting involved with groups at my parish and so on.

I would probably would not be happy with a person who is a door mat.

Aug 20th 2014 new
A lot of my friends would say they are popular! The most popular girl in HS now says she is FAT and divorced. we were childhood best friends. All the guys I've dated were popular or very well known in the community.
I wonder how many people ever think about all of this has affected their lives and the lives of the people who care for them
another thought provoking thread!
Aug 20th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: A lot of my friends would say they are popular! The most popular girl in HS now says she is FAT and divorced. we were childhood best friends. All the guys I've dated were popular or very well known in the community.
I wonder how many people ever think about all of this
another thought provoking thread!
And how it has affected their lives and the lives of those who care for them
Aug 20th 2014 new
I am nice, but entirely unpopular. In my school, being popular included the propensity to be fake. That I wasn't. I really never fit into any one clique as I got along with everyone. I assume if I was popular here, I'd be fending off multiple dates on any given evening. Nope, not happening...thankfully.
Aug 20th 2014 new
Everyone is popular in some sense, even if it is being popular to dislike.

Posts 1 - 10 of 62