Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Breaking the ice can be hard in any setting, right? I think it can be harder when interactions are limited to private messages between complete strangers. Profile info is great, but interaction gives so much more insight to another person's character, and group interaction can help us get to know each other more without the context of interested vs. not interested.

So here's what I have in mind:

*Post your name/greeting and where you're from
*What your chief interests are/goals in life
*Something you really love about the Catholic faith
*A brief sentence or two on what you think marriage is about
*A random fact about yourself (or two, or twenty-two)

Go!

NOTE: This is a duplicate, yes, but I'd like to encourage some interaction between people our own age. It seems kind of hard to do that in other forums.
Aug 19th 2014 new
I'm Aaron, and I'm from Omaha, Nebraska. Nebraska is the "Cornhusker" state, but I'm not quite as crazy about football as my fellow Nebraskans.

I love the arts and media, especially film. I also like cooking, philosophy, psychology, sociology, and music. I also like taking very stylistic photos. My main goal in life (other than trying to get to Heaven and taking my future family with me) is to create my own arts and media corporation to try to bring back the union of truth and beauty to those fields. It's a hopeless task, but fortunately our God can handle hopeless cases. :-)

I love how our faith encompasses the whole of human existence, and isn't missing anything. This is so beautiful, because even though our world is flawed because of sin, our faith acknowledges all of our desires, and understands that they have proper places. And so, we can use all of our desires to help us draw closer to God, rather than focusing only of suppressing or removing them; our faith encompasses all of existence.

I think that, second to the union between God and man, marriage is the deepest union that man is called to. By nature, it calls for great intimacy, and as a result, great sacrifice.

A random fact about me: Although I am an artistic thinker, I grew up on an acreage in rural Nebraska, and tended various animals.
Aug 19th 2014 new
Hello there,

I like this post so here goes.

Lynisha,military brat here but currently residing in Florida.
My main interest in life right now is being a Godly Catholic example to my daughter.
I am so in love with the Eucharist, I used to dread having to go to church every Sunday, now I find myself looking for ways to make Daily Mass.
Marriage is not 50/50 it's 100/100!
I am a Plumber in the USAFR
Aug 19th 2014 new
Hi, Lynisha! Thanks for being an icebreaker. Being a good example to your daughter is a noble cause!
Aug 20th 2014 new
(quote) Aaron-1107802 said: *Post your name/greeting and where you're from
This seems like a good idea, I'll go for it.

I'm Ben, I'm originally from central Minnesota, though I now live in Fargo, North Dakota.

I have a simple "life goal", to leave the world in a better state than the world I was born into. I still haven't figured out what God's plan for me is at less-than-a-week-from-29 years old, but those much older and wiser than I have assured me it takes a lifetime to figure that out. But whatever it is I do, I'm looking to improve the world and grow closer to God through it.

I'm a big nerd and I love games of all kinds. I like watching sports but I'm terribly unathletic and I don't care for playing them that much. I have been working on losing weight for a couple years and I'm down to somewhere between 180-200 lbs. from a starting weight of around 230, but I have a ways to go before I really get in shape. Maybe if I find someone, we can motivate each other to exercise! wink

I love that the Catholic faith takes a stance on many challenging issues today that is grounded in both reason and principles. I am a big fan of JPII's "Fides et Ratio", and I believe that the Church really hits it on the head when it comes to balancing faith and reason in today's world.

I like to travel and I've lived overseas twice, from a few months to a few years (though I have never been in the military). I also have two adopted brothers from South Africa and an uncle from Nigeria, so I live with quite an international family!
Aug 21st 2014 new
(quote) Aaron-1107802 said: Breaking the ice can be hard in any setting, right? I think it can be harder when interactions are limited to private messages between complete strangers. Profile info is great, but interaction gives so much more insight to another person's character, and group interaction can help us get to know each other more without the context of interested vs. not interested.

So here's what I have in mind:

*Post your name/greeting and where you're from

Go!

NOTE: This is a duplicate, yes, but I'd like to encourage some interaction between people our own age. It seems kind of hard to do that in other forums.
  • Hi, I'm Jean. I'm originally from Colorado Springs, Colorado, and I grew up there and in California, Hungary (for a year), and Utah.
  • My chief interests are writing fiction, playing guitar & piano, making amigurumi, and tap dancing at the moment. My main goal right now is to get published.
  • I think marriage is about love, total self-giving, something like that. :)
  • I have three birthmarks and I like reading young adult novels in German.
Aug 21st 2014 new
Hello everyone, I'm Paige from St. Charles, MO! wave I've lived here all my life, and I love it.

Of course my main goal in life is to get to Heaven and give God the greatest glory possible during my life. I work as a nurse and I strive to help people each day through that. I have a great interest in bioethics and the role of Catholics in the healthcare. One goal I have is to learn more about this and also share what I learn with my peers.

It is hard to pick just one thing I love about the Catholic faith, but I will--the Eucharist!

I think marriage is about sacrifice, respect, and love.

Okay, here is a random fact--the first time I set foot in an ocean I was about six years old and my toe was pinched by a crab! laughing

Aug 22nd 2014 new

I'm Mary, some close friends call me Marebear. I'm from a lot of places, but home is Spotsylvania County, VA, and St. Mary's County, MD. Spotsylvania is known for Civil War battles and historic sites, and St. Mary's is known for having MD's first capitol, and America's first Catholic mass (and also blue crabs and stuffed ham!) I currently live in Arlington, VA, which is known for it's traffic jams.

My chief interest and goal is being a stay at home mom, and being active in my community. But I have a pretty extensive bucket list- you'd have to sit down to read it.

Hard to say what I like about the Catholic faith- I like how solid it is, I guess? I like that, being Byzantine, I have long-standing traditions and enjoy the varying aspects and the beauty of all the different rites.

Marriage is a safety net, there's no turning back, you have to make it work. You might have a best friend with whom you share everything one day, and down the road maybe they are just someone to sit quietly with. It's what you make of it. It is about not falling out of love with each other at the same time, and helping each other learn how to fall back in love when times are hard.

Random fact: I used to be a shopaholic, I'd drop $500 on clothes once or twice a month, had over 60pairs of shoes, bought artwork I never hung, wine I never drank, treated my friends or family to fancy out of town weekend trips every month- but now I dig thrifting and keeping my life downsized; I got rid of 2/3 of everything I owned. I didn't have any credit card debt through the years I was a shopaholic, but now I put the money to better use. I still go out of town a lot though, but I keep it real :)

Aug 23rd 2014 new
*Hello! My name is Chelsea and I am from West Des Moines, Iowa. I also went to college in Lincoln, Nebraska (go Huskers!) and have a lot of family in Nebraska as well :)

*My chief interests are reading, musicals, Husker football, and teaching. My main goals in life are to make a positive impact on my students both academically and spiritually and to have a good Christ-centered family of my own some day.

*What I love about the Catholic faith is the hope, love, and optimism that comes from it. God is so good, and I believe it is important for people to remember that.

*I think marriage is about finding your best friend that will work tirelessly to get you and your family to heaven.

*Random facts:
~I teach middle school at a Catholic school in Des Moines.
~I am an unabashed Harry Potter fan.
~I have one younger sister and one younger brother (and an adorable dog named Mazie).
~Friday Night Lights is the best TV show ever made.

If there is anything else you want to know, just ask! :)
Aug 25th 2014 new
(quote) Chelsea-772691 said: *Hello! My name is Chelsea and I am from West Des Moines, Iowa. I also went to college in Lincoln, Nebraska (go Huskers!) and have a lot of family in Nebraska as well :)

*My chief interests are reading, musicals, Husker football, and teaching. My main goals in life are to make a positive impact on my students both academically and spiritually and to have a good Christ-centered family of my own some day.
So I'm guessing you've been infected with Husker Fever, huh? ;) How does that go over in the Cyclone State? What's Des Moines like? I've been there a couple times, but really don't remember anything, since I was young and unobservant at the time.
Posts 1 - 10 of 22