Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mowing your yard

Aug 20th new
Does anyone else cheat like I just did and only mow the high parts of the yard?
Aug 20th new
I cheated by moving to a town house where my "yard" consists of a brick patio and a planting area about the size of a queen bed. Yardwork happens about five times a year, for 4 hours at a time.
Yay me. biggrin
Aug 20th new
(quote) Carol-979839 said: Does anyone else cheat like I just did and only mow the high parts of the yard?
sort of,SometimesI set the mower a little high, so It sails through the low grass. laughing
Aug 20th new
(quote) Carol-979839 said: Does anyone else cheat like I just did and only mow the high parts of the yard?
When it's really hot, which is typically summer weather in North Texas, I mow my grass over several days. Some times I give it a lick and a promise but eventually mow and weed the entire yard. If it's a little cool it all gets done at one time. I like a new mowed lawn. This will be done this weekend.
Aug 21st new
wide eyed eyepopping shhh CAROL! Have you been looking at my yard? wave laughing hug

Sure I cheat now and then: only mow the front (what the majority of folks see), mow just those high parts, etc. It's hard to coordinate the weather allowing the yard to dry enough for me to cut it - with my schedule of free time to do the cutting. I do what I can, when I can - and catch up when I find the time. Between the flower beds and landscaping terraces - right now the weeds are winning! rolling eyes

Are we going to see you anytime over the next few weekends, or are you going to be buried under yard work? biggrin

Aug 21st new
I LOVE to mow and will mow as often as possible. I enjoy trying to get the rows perfect, on the diagonal and thoroughly trimming the edges. I am not this way in many other aspects of life but regarding the lawn laughing ...Anyone need a lawn maintence person to come for a visit?? laughing
Aug 21st new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I LOVE to mow and will mow as often as possible. I enjoy trying to get the rows perfect, on the diagonal and thoroughly trimming the edges. I am not this way in many other aspects of life but regarding the lawn ...Anyone need a lawn maintence person to come for a visit??
lovestruck! lil mikie I have a huge lawn front and back. If you can also cook lasagna I will be in Kansas City in about 5 hours with flowers and chocolate!
Aug 21st new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: I have a huge lawn front and back. If you can also cook lasagna I will be in Kansas City in about 5 hours with flowers and chocolate!
laughing
Aug 24th new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I LOVE to mow and will mow as often as possible. I enjoy trying to get the rows perfect, on the diagonal and thoroughly trimming the edges. I am not this way in many other aspects of life but regarding the lawn ...Anyone need a lawn maintence person to come for a visit??
WOW, what a pick up line Meg laughing
Aug 24th new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: WOW, what a pick up line Meg
Smooth, isn't it. Bow
Posts 1 - 10 of 200