Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Still alone

Aug 21st 2014 new
Welcome everyone,

I have been on this site for some time now. It seems to me that I have really put an effort into creating my personal profile. I have been receiving a few views of my profile, but none of them leading to anything further. My view is that it is a man who should be expressing his interest first. Despite my views, I decide to be pro-active and send emotigrams to males I liked. Most of them have not even viewed my profile. Only one of them was polite enough to respond and say that he is not interested. One man was even rude to the extent to say that he does not wish to communicate with me.

I would be grateful if males and females could have a read through my profile and tell me what is wrong that I can't form serious contact with anyone.
Aug 21st 2014 new
www.catholicmatch.com

Hi Klaudia. Please read the post and thread I copied and pasted above. It appears men universally like it when women send not only an emotagram but a message as well.

Online dating can can be difficult and discouraging. Don't lose hope. Keep posting in the forums.
Aug 21st 2014 new
Thank you for your reply. I have tried sending messages as well, but there was not a single reply. I find this very rude and humiliating.
Aug 21st 2014 new
You're not alone in still being alone Klaudia---I know how difficult it can be! Don't lose faith. I'll give your profile a once-over and post any suggestions below. thumbsup
Aug 21st 2014 new
What a beautiful name, Klaudia biggrin This piece of advice is thrown around CM forums regularly ... change up your profile picture and add more photos to your album. Some tend not to click on a profile if the photo is too dark or one is not smiling. Good luck and have faith ... I know it's frustrating ... many of us send out dozens of messages and do not get a response back!
Aug 21st 2014 new
Thank you. I look forward to read your recommendations.
Aug 21st 2014 new
Hi Klaudia,
I read through your profile, and you seem very intelligent and well-spoken. One thing that leapt out at me is that you answered "no" to the "sanctity of life" question. That in itself could be a deal-breaker to a great many Catholics on this site. A person may see that, and not consider anything else in your profile. I don't mean to be harsh here; just honest. Best of luck to you and God bless! Russ
Aug 21st 2014 new
Hi Klaudia,

So I took a look at your profile and I have just a couple of suggestions. I agree with Monique's suggestion in adding more pictures (add a variety). Also, perhaps you should shorten the "Ideal Match" portion of your profile. I think it's great that you know exactly what you're looking for, but the length of your list may be very intimidating to gentlemen that are viewing your profile. Who knows, you might miss the chance of getting to know a really great guy because he decided not to message you since he was missing just one thing from your list. I may be totally off base here, but it's just a suggestion. Hope this helps and Good Luck in your search!
Aug 21st 2014 new
Hi, Klaudia!

I agree with Russ on this one. I also noticed that you answered "No" on the Church's teachings on contraception. It may not be that men are not interested in your personality or looks; it could simply be that many men consider the sanctity of life and contraception issues to be deal-breakers. I know that I take these things very seriously when looking through a man's profile.

To echo Russ, I'm not trying to be harsh, just helpful! You seem like a very interesting and intelligent girl. Those issues may just be non-negotiable to a lot of men.

Have a wonderful day!

:) Katherine
Aug 21st 2014 new
I just typed a long reply and it didn't take...ugh. Any way, let me try to summarize. First you are still 22...a long future ahead...take your time...don't rush. Secondly, sometimes we just have to go out there and create real life relationships. I have sent over a thousand emotigrams on here (no exaggeration...well maybe 5 give or take lol) but no one replied either. It's a "spoonless adventure". By that I mean that no one is going to spoon feed us. We got to go out there and create real relationships. As for myself, I joined a young adult group and learned the art of wine making. I will go out with two young women tomorrow to dinner and plan a get together at my place for wine tasting and faith sharing. Next Monday, I will be taking a salsa and ballroom dancing class at a local college. Again we got to be proactive and who knows God will send that special person to us when we least expect it. I am joining these sites but practically I don't think I will ever find my future spouse online (I know people say never say never but I just don't believe that I will find true love on here. Best wishes to you and keep you chin up :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 101