Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

What's going on in Cincinnati?

Aug 24th 2014 new
Apparently, we have a situation where a grand master of the Cincinnati Lodge is allowed to screen candidates for the priesthood:

bellarmineforum.org

Aug 24th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Apparently, we have a situation where a grand master of the Cincinnati Lodge is allowed to screen candidates for the priesthood:

http://bellarmineforum.org/2014/01/21/cincinnatis-curious-masonic-church/

You mean the Masonic lodge, I was always taught a Catholic was not be a Freemason.
Aug 24th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: You mean the Masonic lodge, I was always taught a Catholic was not be a Freemason.
That's the 64 million dollar question: why's this happening? Catholics aren't allowed to be members of the masonic lodge. Somehow, Joseph Wicker, was allowed to become director of vocations, while being a 32nd degree mason. scratchchin
Aug 24th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: That's the 64 million dollar question: why's this happening? Catholics aren't allowed to be members of the masonic lodge. Somehow, Joseph Wicker, was allowed to become director of vocations, while being a 32nd degree mason.
That is so wrong on so many levels.
Aug 24th 2014 new
The chaos of the times. We need to pray. Praying hug
Aug 24th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Apparently, we have a situation where a grand master of the Cincinnati Lodge is allowed to screen candidates for the priesthood:

http://bellarmineforum.org/2014/01/21/cincinnatis-curious-masonic-church/

'was' allowed to... If I understand the story correctly, this particular situation was resolved 18 years ago (1996).

Aug 25th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: 'was' allowed to... If I understand the story correctly, this particular situation was resolved 18 years ago (1996).

The story may have been written 18 years ago, but the Freemasonic influence remains in many quarters of the Church.

To be fair, the current director of vocations, Fr. Kyle Schnippel, is a very good priest and good promoter of vocations in the archdiocese. Also, three priests I've met and consider some of the best in the archdiocese entered seminary that very year (if memory serves), and were ordained the very same year.

Given stories like the celebration of the Second Vatican Council by the Grand Orient Lodge of Italy, however, removal to such a story to "let's go back to business" level is unwarranted.

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
Aug 25th 2014 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: The story may have been written 18 years ago, but the Freemasonic influence remains in many quarters of the Church.

To be fair, the current director of vocations, Fr. Kyle Schnippel, is a very good priest and good promoter of vocations in the archdiocese. Also, three priests I've met and consider some of the best in the archdiocese entered seminary that very year (if memory serves), and were ordained the very same year.

Given stories like the celebration of the Second Vatican Council by the Grand Orient Lodge of Italy, however, removal to such a story to "let's go back to business" level is unwarranted.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/06/who-needs-conspiracy-theories-when.html
I wonder why knowledge of the masons' activities has been wiped from peoples' minds. Perhaps they're more covert??? Given that Norman Mick, another grand master, was working as a liturgist, it makes me wonder if they're still here but are laying low.
Sep 1st 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Apparently, we have a situation where a grand master of the Cincinnati Lodge is allowed to screen candidates for the priesthood:

http://bellarmineforum.org/2014/01/21/cincinnatis-curious-masonic-church/

According to this: www.ewtn.com, Freemesonry in the US is more of a social club. If true, the problem may be that the individuals in question hold there is a distinction between European and American Freemasonry and that the ban holds on European Freemasonry. According to UGLE (www.ugle.org.uk), they don't have a problem with the Catholic Church, so the above view has some merit.

I suppose I will have to make mention of the following 2 things. Nowhere did I state that this view is correct or acceptable; in addition, the information was dredged up from a simple google search.

Sep 1st 2014 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: According to this: http://www.ewtn.com/library/answers/camason1.htm, Freemesonry in the US is more of a social club. If true, the problem may be that the individuals in question hold there is a distinction between European and American Freemasonry and that the ban holds on European Freemasonry. According to UGLE (http://www.ugle.org.uk/what-is-freemasonry/frequently-asked-questions), they don't have a problem with the Catholic Church, so the above view has some merit.

I suppose I will have to make mention of the following 2 things. Nowhere did I state that this view is correct or acceptable; in addition, the information was dredged up from a simple google search.

Membership in " The Lodge" means automatic excommunication. Aren't there 12 encyclicals pertaining to Freemasonry? The Masons are good at pretending that they are not a threat...

Cincinnati has been a cesspool of heretics for many years, but let us hope their ranks get purged soon, by the grace and mercy of God.
Posts 1 - 10 of 27