Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Background checks

Aug 26th new

Still a little new at this...since May. I'm very concerned about security. A fairly close relationship develops between the guy and gal. The guy drops a little info that girl picks up on enough to do a preliminary background check(you know, just to make sure he isn't incarcerated or a murderer, extra wife, etc). Is this OK with CM? Nothing is put out there for

anyone else and would not be used against this person unless it was serious enough to report it. Just want to know rules and thoughts on this. As many of us are aware, not everyone can be trusted and not everyone tells the truth about important things, Catholic or otherwise. I'd sooner find out what I'm basically dealing with before I jump into a bad situation that could possibly have been avoided. Most often, people won't leave any clues to catch on....but then again, some do. What's the forum's feelings and input?

Aug 26th new
Welcome to the fora, Shirley.
My background check bounced, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.
Aug 26th new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: Welcome to the fora, Shirley.
My background check bounced, so I'm afraid I can't help you there.
What do you mean bounced? Where does one do these?
Aug 26th new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: What do you mean bounced? Where does one do these?
That was just my way of saying I don't do background checks but for one time when the guy dared me to check him out. I didn't like going through the semi-sleezy websites that offer background checks and I don't intend ever to do it again.
Sorry, Meg, not much help I'm afraid.
Aug 26th new
If you can't trust 7 out of 7 Catholic men on CM, then who can you trust? rolling eyes
Aug 26th new
Did he triple dog dare you? laughing
Aug 26th new
No, just a simple challenge.
Aug 26th new

Hi Brett,

Would like nothing better than to trust 7 out of 7 CM men. However, have already experienced lies and distrust on CM...sorry to say. Not just picking on the guys....I'm sure some women do it, too. And it hurts when it happens and especially in the last place you might expect it CM. But we think positive and move on.

Aug 26th new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: If you can't trust 7 out of 7 Catholic men on CM, then who can you trust?
Unfortunately saying and doing arecnot always the same.
Aug 26th new

Virginia,

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I stated I do a preliminary BG check which usually just verifies the age, City/State and sometimes a little more for free. I do checking on google also and you'd be surprised at things I've found about someone I really liked.

No, I don't think all BG's checks are semi-sleezy websites, but no doubt there are some as with any entity. With my divorce, my hiring reputable detectives provided me with the tools for my attorney to help win my case. And statistics have proven that upwards of 65% to 80% of divorced women are in a lesser financial position after their divorce then the man. Fortunately, I was not in that position and was able to prove by facts and evidence therefore affording me the opportunity of being one out of 20% of women to fare better after the marriage ends. Not bragging, just justifying my actions and the worth of checking some people out.

On a lighter note, hope this doesn't scare all the guys off now! I'm still a sweetheart!

Posts 1 - 10 of 13