Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The opening first message

Aug 28th 2014 new
So I have some questions for the women on here. Do you prefer the first message being sent to you to be a long/medium or short sized message? Or do you prefer being sent an emotigram with something small written and then if you are interested you will send one back and then it continues from there.

Aug 28th 2014 new
(quote) Jeremiah-906829 said: So I have some questions for the women on here. Do you prefer the first message being sent to you to be a long/medium or short sized message? Or do you prefer being sent an emotigram with something small written and then if you are interested you will send one back and then it continues from there.

Jeremiah, honey, just write her something... anything. Long or short, makes no difference. Just be sure you include something that shows you've read her profile and that you're interested in her. Form letters are right out.
Aug 28th 2014 new
I agree with Virginia. Just be genuine ... what happens after that is up to your person of interest crossfingers
Aug 28th 2014 new
A short message is fine, but it's helpful if I can tell they actually read my profile and possibly even commented on what stood out for them... I was conversing with someone for a couple weeks and they asked me on a date, and then realized I had kids (clearly in my profile) - it was quite awkward.
Aug 28th 2014 new
Not too long. But give her a reason to reply. Show what you have in common. Mention something about her that piqued your interest. Ask her a question (and not one that's answered in her profile).
Aug 28th 2014 new
I like any message.
Aug 28th 2014 new
I think that an emotigram with a message is good. It doesn't need to be lengthy though; I think short and sweet is better at first. Just let her know that you read her profile. Good luck!
Aug 28th 2014 new
I prefer an email. One that brings up something in my profile, deep he's dug the better. wink
And a prompt that requires a response. I'm quite good at exchanging emails (I love the written word) so I can toss the ball back and forth pretty well. Asking questions is good.

It doesn't have to be long... medium-sized is best. Gotta save some of the good stuff for down the road.
Aug 28th 2014 new
I agree any length message is good. The only messages that I don't exactly like are the 'Hi' messages (litterally one or 2 words) and the blank emotes. I like receiving a message that shows someone is actually interested. Spending the time to write something personal, no matter how short or long, is always the best way to go.
Aug 28th 2014 new
As the others have said, something more than just "Hi" and personalized to the individual in question is perfect. If all you tell me is hi, you haven't allowed me to say more than "Hi" in response and things tend to end awkwardly after that.
Posts 1 - 10 of 17