Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

dzehnle.blogspot.com.

27 August 2014

R.I.P. Father Gary Bernhardt, O.F.M.

Father Gary A. Berhardt, O.F.M., a native of my beloved Quincy, died yesterday following a tragic boating accident. The Quincy Herald-Whig reports:
A Quincy, Ill., native died Tuesday after a boat hit a submerged tree and capsized at Lake Taneycomo in southwest Missouri.

The Missouri Highway Patrol said the Rev. Gary A. Bernhardt, 56, was a passenger in a 1994 Shawnee johnboat at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. The boat drifted, struck a fallen tree in the water, then capsized a quarter-mile east of the dam, about three miles from Branson.

The operator of the boat, James Pelletier, 71, of O'Fallon, Mo., and another passenger climbed to safety by getting on top of the boat and taking hold of a tree limb. The two men were unhurt, the Highway Patrol said [more].
Father Gary, though twenty years older than me, was ordained a priest just a few years before me. We grew up in the same parish and his family was always very kind to me.

Please, in the charity of your prayers, remember Father Gary and his family, together with the Franciscan Friars of the Sacred Heart Province.

I regret that I will be unable to attend his funeral or visitation; tomorrow morning I must return to Rome. ( Father, Daren J. Zehnle, K.H.S. is a priest of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois studying canon law at the Pontifical Gregorian University.)
Aug 28th 2014 new
Aug 28th 2014 new
Praying Praying theheart rosary rosary
Aug 28th 2014 new
Prayers for Father.
Aug 28th 2014 new
(quote) Mike-59303 said: http://dzehnle.blogspot.com/2014/08/rip-father-gary-bernhardt-ofm.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_med...

27 August 2014 R.I.P. Father Gary Bernhardt, O.F.M. Father Gary A. Berhardt, O.F.M., a native of my beloved Quincy, died yesterday following a tragic boating accident. The Quincy Herald-Whig reports:
A Quincy, Ill., native died Tuesday after a boat hit a submerged tree and capsized at Lake Taneycomo in southwest Missouri.

The Missouri Highway Patrol said the Rev. Gary A. Bernhardt, 56, was a passenger in a 1994 Shawnee johnboat at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. The boat drifted, struck a fallen tree in the water, then capsized a quarter-mile east of the dam, about three miles from Branson.

The operator of the boat, James Pelletier, 71, of O'Fallon, Mo., and another passenger climbed to safety by getting on top of the boat and taking hold of a tree limb. The two men were unhurt, the Highway Patrol said [more]. Father Gary, though twenty years older than me, was ordained a priest just a few years before me. We grew up in the same parish and his family was always very kind to me.

Please, in the charity of your prayers, remember Father Gary and his family, together with the Franciscan Friars of the Sacred Heart Province.

I regret that I will be unable to attend his funeral or visitation; tomorrow morning I must return to Rome. ( Father, Daren J. Zehnle, K.H.S. is a priest of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois studying canon law at the Pontifical Gregorian University.)
Praying Praying Praying theheart
Aug 28th 2014 new
Saint Romanus of Condat
  • Memorial: February 28
  • Patron Saint of Drowning Victims
  • Praying

Saint Nicholas of Tolentino
  • Memorial: September 10
  • Patron Saint of the Souls in Purgatory
  • Praying

Saint Odilo of Cluny
  • Memorial: January 3
  • Patron Saint of the Souls in Purgatory
  • Praying

Saint John Mary Vianney
  • Memorial: August 4
  • Patron Saint of Priests
  • Praying

Saint Francis of Assisi
  • Memorial: October 4
  • Patron Saint of the Franciscan Order
  • Praying

Caution and safety in anything may save lives such as wearing a seatbelt or even being careful in an area with wood splinters or particles that could get in your eyes and damage them or (wearing a mask when spray painting as not to inhale the paint and wearing protective glasses to protect the eyes so not to get paint in them; my eye doctor told me he had so many cases of people by mistake putting glue in their eyes instead of eye drops because the bottles were together and they did not look beforehand) but maybe not kill you or moving something touching the top of a cabinet shelf or moving something against the top of the ceiling of the shelf or anything for that matter and a wood particle drops in your eye. Thinking before hand and taking things slow and using patience is essential. That might be a poor example but things like that can happen. Years ago the combines in the grain fields did not have cabs and many did not wear masks and they got COPD not from cigarette smoking but from the dust in the fields. So much more but one has to be careful and use caution. Expect the unexpected!
    Aug 28th 2014 new
    Praying Praying Praying
    Aug 28th 2014 new
    Praying Praying Praying
    Aug 29th 2014 new
    Praying Praying
    Posts 1 - 10 of 22