Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Many of us are frequently asked this question. Some, myself included, haven't heard it in quite some time. So, which is worse, the repeated reminder of loved ones or the deafening silence of the seemingly indifferent?
Aug 30th new
(quote) Anthony-851099 said: Many of us are frequently asked this question. Some, myself included, haven't heard it in quite some time. So, which is worse, the repeated reminder of loved ones or the deafening silence of the seemingly indifferent?
I vote for the deafening silence of the seemingly indifferent.
Aug 30th new
Being a widower and 63, the question does not bother me nor the lack thereof. Of course, if it is a single lady asking the question, Then that could be a good thing? biggrin
Aug 30th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Being a widower and 63, the question does not bother me nor the lack thereof. Of course, if it is a single lady asking the question, Then that could be a good thing?
Lines form to the rear Ladies..............
Aug 30th new
(quote) Anthony-851099 said: Many of us are frequently asked this question. Some, myself included, haven't heard it in quite some time. So, which is worse, the repeated reminder of loved ones or the deafening silence of the seemingly indifferent?
As a man, I rarely hear "So...are you dating anyone?" unless it is from an older female such as an aunt or co-worker who has grandchildren of her own. I usually get "So why aren't you married?" as the person asking the question notices my barren ring finger. I never have a good come back. I usually just say to the person asking that "I'm Catholic." and they usually respond with a "Hmm, OK". I've never have asked this question to any female since I always just assume that they all have boyfriends. I would have to say the posing of the question is more troubling than the silence.
Aug 30th new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: As a man, I rarely hear "So...are you dating anyone?" unless it is from an older female such as an aunt or co-worker who has grandchildren of her own. I usually get "So why aren't you married?" as the person asking the question notices my barren ring finger. I never have a good come back. I usually just say to the person asking that "I'm Catholic." and they usually respond with a "Hmm, OK". I've never have asked this question to any female since I always just assume that they all have boyfriends. I would have to say the posing of the question is more troubling than the silence.
So they're probably all thinking..."he can't get married because he's Catholic? I guess he must be considering the priesthood. I won't introduce him to my attractive niece after all."
Aug 30th new
I had forgotten about that one, "So why aren't you married?" I am more likely to be asked if I am married or if I have kids. It is difficult to answer regardless of the way the question is phrased.

Aug 30th new
If you are referring to the deafening silence of the seemingly indifferent eligible men, I vote for that...
Aug 30th new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: So they're probably all thinking..."he can't get married because he's Catholic? I guess he must be considering the priesthood. I won't introduce him to my attractive niece after all."
Susan, Here in Oklahoma, Sometimes saying you are Catholic is worse than saying you are an atheist, I have had customers pray over me, When I told them I was Catholic. boggled
Aug 30th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Susan, Here in Oklahoma, Sometimes saying you are Catholic is worse than saying you are an atheist, I have had customers pray over me, When I told them I was Catholic.
So tell 'em you're a Muslim laughing
Posts 1 - 10 of 46