Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

To tell the man that you are/are not interested in him?
Aug 30th new
(quote) Khoa-813439 said: To tell the man that you are/are not interested in him?
Let me guess, Khoa. You are mentally reviewing your meeting with the desirable lady you met tonight and trying to analyze the non-verbals. smile
Aug 30th new
Not really...I'm just interested to know!
Aug 30th new
I think, as a general rule, eye contact is the most significant indicator of interest. Along with animated interaction.
Aug 30th new
(quote) Khoa-813439 said: Not really...I'm just interested to know!
An important thing to remember is that these are generalities - someone could be interested in you but not exhibit any of these behaviors or vice versa. These are generally unconscious behaviors so while touching or flipping her hair could be a sign of interest in most women for some girls it could be a nervous habit when she is uncomfortable.
Okay, disclaimer aside, common non-verbal signs of interest include:
smiling with eye contact
casual touching like her hand on your arm
mirroring (when your and her body languages mirrors each other this often happens unconsciously both people lean or sit the same way)
I've heard the people's feet often give away how they feel, for example are feet pointed toward you or at the door?
Moistening lips and touching hair or accessories are good signs

www.psychologytoday.com.

So, did you ask/are you going to ask if you can see her again?
Ultimately if she is interested enough she will want to see you again....
Aug 30th new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: I think, as a general rule, eye contact is the most significant indicator of interest. Along with animated interaction.
Animated interaction,That sounds interesting.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Khoa-813439 said: To tell the man that you are/are not interested in him?
If I'm really blown away by him, I sometimes grin a lot and have trouble holding eye contact.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Amber-931533 said:  ....touching or flipping her hair could be a sign of interest in most women...Moistening lips and touching hair or accessories are good signs
What about, um, a hand held straight out at my face with the palm about an inch from my nose? Just wondering....
Seriously, all this stuff about women moistening their lips and flipping their hair...it's depressing. Do you know, I don't think ANY woman's ever done that with me, including the one who married me. How deprived should I feel?

Aug 31st new
I am conscious of a few things I do...
1. Direct my body toward him, if we are side by side and I am typically angled in his direction.
2. Eye contact. I saw a movie or something once where they said knowing someone's eye color is a sign of love. I make sure he has the opportunity to notice my eye color. Battling eyelashes
3. I am a big fan of gentle touches. I will touch his arm when I laugh. I will touch him when talking to him. Nothing Prolonged, but light quick taps or touches.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Animated interaction,That sounds interesting.
Yeah, what is it???
Posts 1 - 10 of 30