Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Ooh. This is rather terrifying starting up a topic for the first time. However, here it goes. wink

I was just reading a forum on the body language of women, gave my two cents. However, it sprung up a few questions for me. I thought it would be interesting to hear the feed back.

What sort of body language do men tend to use to show they're interest/possible interest?
How do they most prefer to show their possible interest on CM?
How do men prefer women to display their possible interest on CM?

Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1115260 said: Ooh. This is rather terrifying starting up a topic for the first time. However, here it goes.

I was just reading a forum on the body language of women, gave my two cents. However, it sprung up a few questions for me. I thought it would be interesting to hear the feed back.

What sort of body language do men tend to use to show they're interest/possible interest?

Good for you, Elizabeth! Hopefully they message, call and then ask us out!!
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1115260 said: What sort of body language do men tend to use to show they're interest/possible interest?

Putting down the remote.
(Kudos on starting your first thread, Elizabeth!)
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Putting down the remote
laughing. Yes, that could be construed as a plus.
Aug 31st 2014 new
Haha, thanks Meg. ;) Yes, that's the idea at least.
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1115260 said: Haha, thanks Meg. ;) Yes, that's the idea at least.
Pulling the batteries achieves this end.
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Pulling the batteries achieves this end.
What did Charlton Heston say? "From my cold, dead hands".
(Sorry Elizabeth! too tired to take the thread with due seriousness, will give it thought when I've slept.)
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1115260 said: Ooh. This is rather terrifying starting up a topic for the first time. However, here it goes.

To the first question I'd say it varies from person to person, but usually you can tell fairly easily if you see them and know what signs to look for (although some are experts at hiding these, to gain a fake "power"). To the second, almost the same answer. If they want to be in touch with you constantly, like your pictures, try to make you laugh, ask you questions, etc., those might be sure signs. Third, like the song goes: "Just gimme some kinda sign, girl." ;-)
Aug 31st 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-1115260 said: What sort of body language do men tend to use to show they're interest/possible interest?

I guess that it depends on each person, but I will usually flirt or joke around with a woman. My body language might be a bit closer to her, or I will "bump" into her when are walking. (Similar to when women will touch a man's arm while laughing - Yes, we know this sign)
wink
Some compliments, direct eye contact, listening; these are also good ways that I show interest. I'm very not shy, so, uhh yeah...she'll know.

As for on here, I will write something specific about her page, or if will ask a question outright, if she has omitted some section(s). Basically, just inquire about HER. I won't be asking about the weather....

Regarding women showing interest in a Man, it would be helpful for it to be a brief note/emotigram. I mean, separate from someone repeatedly viewing my profile (this is obvious), I can't properly gauge her interest and am basically going out on a large limb by contacting a lady that has viewed me, but who hasn't sent anything. If a guy has looked at her, and she has returned the view (and nothing else), he doesn't actually know if she was pleased with what he's written, looks like, etc. He's going in blind. boggled

So, just a little bit of "Breadcrumbs" would go a long way. That is, if the guy is sharp enough to pick them up.
thumbsup

Btw, I'm not stating that Women should always take the initiative, but they also shouldn't just sit back and wait to be contacted.
I'll take the lead, but a heads-up is nice to go on!

Elizabeth, I hope any of that helps! smile

Blessings,

Matt

Aug 31st 2014 new

Well, it does very from person to person, so I can only speak for myself on this, but the way I indicate interest on CM is to start by answering her interview questions if I can or just send a simple emotigram.

I always pray first, that if she is the one, that God will help prompt her to respond, but if she isn't, that He will intervene before I end up wasting my effort pursuing a relationship with someone who is actually the future wife of someone else. (This is just a personal caution of mine; I really hate the idea of dating someone, breaking up, and then having to leave everything about our relationship as an "old flame" of the past that now needs to be extinguished for the sake of future relationships)

Anyhow, if she would reply likewise by sending an emotigram or answering my interview back, then I would advance another small step by sending a personalized message that says what I liked about her profile, with the hopes that she may respond and we can get a conversation going. Then I would try to ask about how CM is working for her and if she has found anyone whom she is interested in yet. If she hasn't, I'd ask if I may continue to message her or if I am being a bother. (Not that I've ever gotten this far yet...)

However, it's like I said; this is only how I'd show interest, but I can't guarantee that others would use the same approach. I've had the experience more then once where someone answers my interview or sends an emotigram but utterly ignores my reply, so it seems that there are some who would contact those whom they are not even interested in. I really don't understand it myself...

My suggestion would be to ask in your interview what they think of you after reading your profile. Try putting in a question that would go something like this:

"What are your thoughts about me after reading my profile? A) 'I'm not interested in this girl at all; I don't even know why I'm answering her interview!' B) 'She seems nice, but I don't think she's quite my personal type' C) 'She seems pretty decent, but I don't know just yet if I should be interested in her or not' D) Elizabeth, I hope you will message me' E) 'I'd probably date someone like you. You may be just my type!' "

This would probably be the best way to find out just how interested someone is in you. If you try it, I hope it helps.

Posts 1 - 10 of 63