Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hello one and all, just want to get your thoughts on the growing prevalence with people getting tattoos all over their bodies? I find it real strange that a person would demean themselves this way. We are people not a brick walls. Even beautiful women I see have them all over their bodies, and they really do not need to that. Maybe its their way at trying to find themselves, or trying to fit into a crowd. What is your take on this ladies and gentlemen?
Aug 31st new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello one and all, just want to get your thoughts on the growing prevalence with people getting tattoos all over their bodies? I find it real strange that a person would demean themselves this way. We are people not a brick walls. Even beautiful women I see have them all over their bodies, and they really do not need to that. Maybe its their way at trying to find themselves, or trying to fit into a crowd. What is your take on this ladies and gentlemen?
Our culture treats tattoos as self expression. It is treated as normal. In my early 20's a friend was getting a tattoo and I went with and got one also. I do like to try new things, learn things etc and perhaps did not have as much judgment in my early 20's as now. Now I wish I had gotten one of those temporary henna tattoos for fun instead of a permanent one.

At least the tattoo is on my shoulder so it is easy to cover up. I am actually planning on having it removed since I do not want to have it anymore. So for me it was just something silly I did in my 20's like the tine I jumped out of an airplane (with a parachute) with a bunch of co-workers. Normally my idea of a good time is sitting and visiting with friends. I think that every once in a while someone wants a break in routine and to try something different and that may be why some get tattoos. Now if I want to do something different I try going away for the weekend. I would not get another tattoo.
Aug 31st new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello one and all, just want to get your thoughts on the growing prevalence with people getting tattoos all over their bodies? I find it real strange that a person would demean themselves this way. We are people not a brick walls. Even beautiful women I see have them all over their bodies, and they really do not need to that. Maybe its their way at trying to find themselves, or trying to fit into a crowd. What is your take on this ladies and gentlemen?
"Even beautiful women I see have them all over their bodies".

All men and women are beautiful in the eyes of God; whether they have tattoos or not. Please do not judge a persons beauty by his/her outward appearance.
Aug 31st new
Hey Joan I get what you are saying and I take it heart. Its okay if a beautiful girl or any girl gets a little little one. But some have it them all over their bodies and it distorts their natural beauty.
Aug 31st new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hey Joan I get what you are saying and I take it heart. Its okay if a beautiful girl or any girl gets a little little one. But some have it them all over their bodies and it distorts their natural beauty.
I think you are missing my point ALL women are beautiful; whether they have a tattoo or not is irrelevant.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I think you are missing my point ALL women are beautiful; whether they have a tattoo or not is irrelevant.
Not if they look like the illustrated man.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Not if they look like the illustrated man.
It doesn't matter what they "look like". In the eyes of God all humans (men and women) are beautiful.
Aug 31st new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Not if they look like the illustrated man.
That was an interesting book.
Aug 31st new
Tattoos are not demeaning. Tattoos, particularly in the United States, are signs of self-expression. Yes, some people don't choose wisely. Yes, some people will regret their decision to get a tattoo later in life. At the same time, many people who have tattoos or plan on getting tattoos really think about what their tattoos will mean. Some people choose tattoos only after really thinking it out or even designing their own tattoos.

I, myself, would not get a ton of tattoos because I don't want many tattoos, but I am considering a few. What will be the theme of my tattoos? Probably my faith. Is that demeaning? Am I less beautiful because I want a small tattoo of the Ave Maria symbol on my ankle?

But these tattoos that I want and some tattoos that others want are not merely to "fit in the crowd" or "find ourselves". Sometimes it's merely a statement of one's personality or a literal wearing of one's heart on their sleeve.

Now that I've said that, I don't think everyone should get tattoos or even a ton of tattoos, but those are people's choices. Don't think that because they are not choices you would make that they are bad choices.
Aug 31st new
Agreed. We are all beautiful in the eyes of God, no matter how many tattoos or scars or blemishes they have. Not only that, but someone, somewhere probably thinks they're beautiful too.
Posts 1 - 10 of 43