Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hey everyone,

For awhile, there has been a question floating in the back of my mind about how people pray for their future spouse. Do any of you have certain prayers, novenas, etc. when praying for your future spouse? If you don't mind, could you please share?

I have all summer been offering up Masses for my future spouse, did the St Anne novena once, and some rosary decades, but I haven't found a certain "way of prayer" that I like yet or that I feel like it works. But, I am also curious as to what and how others under 45 prayer for their future spouse.

Thank you for reading my forum post and I pray that you all have a blessed day and find your future spouse one day (God willing)! Praying

Sep 1st 2014 new
I think the prayer must come from your heart.
I do novenas, pray the rosary or just say what and how I am feeling. But no matter which pray you choose, what matters is if you are praying with your heart and if you are opening to accept God's will.

Sep 1st 2014 new
Awesome! Thank you Livia, I will definitely do that. biggrin
Sep 1st 2014 new
(quote) Jill-1097079 said: Awesome! Thank you Livia, I will definitely do that.
"Help." That is what I pray. Help him, help me and help us get together however and whenever God desires it.
Sep 1st 2014 new
Hi Jill,

The manner in which you live can be a form of prayer. Leading a holy life can be a sign of your desire and readiness to be married! smile

Sep 1st 2014 new
This is gonna sound a little silly, but have you ever heard the Billy Joel song, Travelin' Prayer?
www.youtube.com

I confess that I ought to pray for her more often than I do. But when I do, I'm not fancy about it. Just asking for God to bless and keep her, wherever she may be.

Maybe if I'd been praying for her more when I was your age, I wouldn't still be single! smile

Sep 1st 2014 new
If I know how to pray properly, maybe I won't be still single. :-) guess I have been praying more to see the world than to meet my man. I did meet quite a few men along the way but they only helped me to see the world but the relationship didn't go as far as Mt. Sinai. :-D

My married friends said be specific when you pray (tall, dark and handsome, maybe?), add it with some faith, call on St. Jude or the Mother of Perpetual Help to intercede. I haven't tried saying these Novenas but some friends claimed it worked for them and might work for you.

Honestly, you are still young. My suggestion is to not only for a spouse but for you to see His divine plan in your life and to live fully that when you meet your man, you won't have regrets that you didn't. Some of my married friends do have deep regrets and it is sad just as it is also sad sometimes I didn't marry a little younger (I love children and not I may not be able to have more unless God, if I marry, gifts me and my husband with 2-3 twins).

My point is, even when we pray, God's answer is not always Yes or No but sometimes He tells us, "My dear child, it is Not Yet time for you."

God bless your journey!

Sep 1st 2014 new
(quote) Lesil-840134 said: If I know how to pray properly, maybe I won't be still single. :-) guess I have been praying more to see the world than to meet my man. I did meet quite a few men along the way but they only helped me to see the world but the relationship didn't go as far as Mt. Sinai. :-D

My married friends said be specific when you pray (tall, dark and handsome, maybe?), add it with some faith, call on St. Jude or the Mother of Perpetual Help to intercede. I haven't tried saying these Novenas but some friends claimed it worked for them and might work for you.

Honestly, you are still young. My suggestion is to not only for a spouse but for you to see His divine plan in your life and to live fully that when you meet your man, you won't have regrets that you didn't. Some of my married friends do have deep regrets and it is sad just as it is also sad sometimes I didn't marry a little younger (I love children and not I may not be able to have more unless God, if I marry, gifts me and my husband with 2-3 twins).

My point is, even when we pray, God's answer is not always Yes or No but sometimes He tells us, "My dear child, it is Not Yet time for you."

God bless your journey!

Corrections (in Caps)

Paragraph 3:
2nd Sentence - My suggestion is to PRAY... (Haha guess that is my problem, sometimes I pray for other things, but I forgot to pray for a spouse)
Last Sentence - ... and NOW I may not...

Sep 1st 2014 new
I pray a couple of ways for this. First, I like to take time before, or after, mass depending on my schedule. I also like to pray in my car on the way to work. I have a long commute, so I listen to the Rosary program on Immaculate Heart Radio every morning. I like to dedicate both of those prayer periods to my future spouse, and for becoming stronger as a man, so when I met her, I will be the high-quality, and honor, man worthy of her trust, and respect.
Sep 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Jill-1097079 said: Hey everyone,

For awhile, there has been a question floating in the back of my mind about how people pray for their future spouse. Do any of you have certain prayers, novenas, etc. when praying for your future spouse? If you don't mind, could you please share?

I have all summer been offering up Masses for my future spouse, did the St Anne novena once, and some rosary decades, but I haven't found a certain "way of prayer" that I like yet or that I feel like it works. But, I am also curious as to what and how others under 45 prayer for their future spouse.

Thank you for reading my forum post and I pray that you all have a blessed day and find your future spouse one day (God willing)!

I'm a rather random person, believe it or not, so I offer up prayers here and there. But usually, I say a Rosary decade or offer up some small inconvenience or suffering for my future spouse.
Posts 1 - 10 of 16