This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.
Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola
With just about 6 million Divorced Catholics in the US there is clearly many who need help in healing. We are very excited to welcome Lisa Duffy former divorced Catholic, author and speaker. She has been working with divorced Catholics for many years formerly through DivorcedCatholic.org. She will serve as Associate Editor of the Divorced & Annulments area and will be helping to provide many resources over the coming months. Here is just a quick preview of the items you will find:
1. Many blog posts from Lisa Duffy, priests and other experts in the field. Everything from practical tips to legal, canonical, psychological and parenting information.
2. Daily Reflections to give divorced Catholics that small boost of hope and encouragement each and every day.
3. Ask Lisa Q&A. Many divorced Catholics are often confused about the many issues they face and Lisa along with others especially priests are here to answer their questions.
4. Monthly videos & eventually podcasts. You will already find a few videos but we plan publish several every month. Some will be light-hearted and others will tackle difficult issues but all with be done in a spirit of charity and hope.
5. Message forum discussion. Lisa will be engaged with out great community in the Divorced Room. Please feel free to lean on her when you want to discuss issues related to divorce. We hope to have guest contributors as the area grows.
6. Lisa's List. Oprah has her book club and now Lisa Duffy is here to give readers insight on the best books to help divorced Catholics.
7. This new section is FREE and open to ANYONE! You do not have to be a member of CatholicMatch to use this section. The only part that is still exclusively for members is the discussion room.
Please give us feedback on what you like and don't like, what you would like to see, but most important forward this to area to all family and friends that you think it might help. CHECK IT OUT! www.catholicmatch.com
I can only say that Lisa Duffy is GREAT. As I found and then followed her story over the past year or so, I can only admire her for sharing it with us. I have a distinct feeling that it was MORE painful than what she let's on (it sneaks through every so often). I only wish I had the trust she does in the system. I'm in the middle of my annulment and the personnel and attitude of the tribunal give me little comfort of their integrity and for me to trust that God will guide them when THEY HAVE FREE WILL to do harm to me is just a little hard. I guess my years of practicing law in the corrupt legal system of this country makes me jaded and gun shy!
Lisa give great comfort and support. She is worth listening to.
Thank you, Stephen. I know you've been through a lot so I'm glad I've been able to help a little.
Lisa, One thing I forgot to say above, I pray and wish you well on this new adventure. Stephen
So glad to know they helped, Therese! Didn't I meet you at one of the retreats in Lxtn? My prayers for you and all the divorced.
I did meet you, it was in Atlanta a couple of years ago. A great weekend!