Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

Hello. :)

My melancholic temperament longs for meaningful, purpose-filled reading. But sometime I wonder if my tendency toward deep, spiritual works encourages too great a seriousness in my life...

Any recommendations for "fun" and "easy" reads with Catholic undertones or subject matters? I've greatly enjoyed "Father Elijah" by Michael D. O'Brien and want to find another book I won't want to put down! Suggestions?

04/21/2012 new

I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 Ann Rice novels about Christ - Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt and Christ the Lord: The Road to Cana which I couldn't put down once I had started it!

05/27/2012 new

If you like historic fiction, you can try Janette Oke's series, in particular the Acts of Faith series that starts with The Centurion's Wife. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about the birth of the church. All of her books read well, but these focused on the apostle's work. Stephen's martyrdom was discussed in the first or second book.

I am a voracious reader and sometimes I'll walk up and down the aisles and start grabbing christian titles.

Happy reading!

Posts 1 - 3 of 3