Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

I live by this: Sit on fence, and watch the world pass you by. Get off the fence, see thru other's eyes, and make the world turn.

If everyone would take the time to "get out of themselves" for a while to slow down and examine that their needs don't have to be fulfilled constantly, anxiety would cease. We live in such a fast-paced society where expectation are so high making us forget about our real purpose in life. I've seen couples forgetting to nurture their children, forgetting to nurture their marriages, and their lives begin to collapse.

Nothing is a better "prep before marriage" than to give up your SELF in reaching out to others. This is selflessness and makes you a good catch.

What selfless act have you managed this month?

04/27/2012 new
(Quote) Ana-840226 said: I live by this: Sit on fence, and watch the world pass you by. Get off the fence, see thru other's eyes, and ...
(Quote) Ana-840226 said:

I live by this: Sit on fence, and watch the world pass you by. Get off the fence, see thru other's eyes, and make the world turn.

If everyone would take the time to "get out of themselves" for a while to slow down and examine that their needs don't have to be fulfilled constantly, anxiety would cease. We live in such a fast-paced society where expectation are so high making us forget about our real purpose in life. I've seen couples forgetting to nurture their children, forgetting to nurture their marriages, and their lives begin to collapse.

Nothing is a better "prep before marriage" than to give up your SELF in reaching out to others. This is selflessness and makes you a good catch.

--hide--

Excellent thread post! I have lived my life this way, too. Thanks for sharing!
04/27/2012 new
(Quote) Ana-840226 said: I live by this: Sit on fence, and watch the world pass you by. Get off the fence, see thru other's eyes, and ...
(Quote) Ana-840226 said:

--hide--

I think sometimes one of the best actions we can take is an act of kindness to another. I don't always tell the person I am doing it for why/when I do it but I know God knows.

Our Parish Priest always says in addition to the penance he assigns to do an act of kindness for another. At first I found it intimidating because I wondered if it counted. As time went on I realized it was more about making me aware we should try for at least one kind deed every day... angel
Posts 1 - 3 of 3