Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
06/21/2012 new
I just posted the following in the For Greater Glory thread of the Pop Culture Room:

I saw the movie this past Saturday and loved it. Its certainly not easy to find because only a handful of theaters in NYC and the lower Westchester County, NY, are are showing it. "I wonder why," Lucy asks sarcastically!

A poster of the movie has been up in my church vestibule for a few weeks, and I decided to check it out. I wasnt disappointed. Yes, a lot of the action is violent; but the movie is such a great learning experience from a historical and a spiritual point of view.

Now, why is it that viewers are raving about For Greater Glory but the critics are panning it? Lucy again asks sarcastically!
06/21/2012 new
(Quote) Mark-786743 said: forgreaterglory.com am excited to see this movie, it is about the Cristero war in Mexico in the...
(Quote) Mark-786743 said:

forgreaterglory.com

I am excited to see this movie, it is about the Cristero war in Mexico in the 1920's when Catholics fought for religious freedom and faced certain death for practicing their faith. Many priests, religious, and laity were executed by the state during the war.

One of my favorite saints of the Western Hemisphere was martyred during the war. He is Blessed Miguel Pro, find out more about him at //miguelproshrine.com/BL._M.html

--hide--

Thank you for sharing the info. about Blessed Miguel.

Praying
07/05/2012 new

(Quote) Mark-786743 said: forgreaterglory.com am excited to see this movie, it is about the Cristero war in...
(Quote) Mark-786743 said:

forgreaterglory.com

I am excited to see this movie, it is about the Cristero war in Mexico in the 1920's when Catholics fought for religious freedom and faced certain death for practicing their faith. Many priests, religious, and laity were executed by the state during the war.

One of my favorite saints of the Western Hemisphere was martyred during the war. He is Blessed Miguel Pro, find out more about him at //miguelproshrine.com/BL._M.html

--hide--

Thanks Mark, I didn't know about this movie. Also I am sure that this type of movies are not available in Quebec. How can I watch it then? Does anybody know if it's available in DVD? Any websites?

Thanks for sharing this. I would love to see that movie.

07/05/2012 new
AMEN!!!!
09/07/2012 new

(Quote) Ivonne-91361 said: Thanks Mark, I didn't know about this movie. Also I am sure that this type of movies...
(Quote) Ivonne-91361 said:

Thanks Mark, I didn't know about this movie. Also I am sure that this type of movies are not available in Quebec. How can I watch it then? Does anybody know if it's available in DVD? Any websites?

Thanks for sharing this. I would love to see that movie.

--hide--

it will be on dvd and blue-ray on sept 11 of this year.

09/07/2012 new

I watch it a few weeks ago and I was getting mad at the mexician goverment. It was very good. Some spots I couldn't even watch.

Posts 11 - 16 of 16