Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

For those entering Marriage with the intent of not having children,you contract the marriage invalidly.This can happen to those entering a marriage later in life.There is a great fear that childbirth after a certain age can result in birth defects,and therefore some method of birth control is used.

Douay-Rheims Bible Genesis 1:28
And God blessed them, saying: Increase and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the air, and all living creatures that move upon the earth.

MARRIAGE (Cann. 1055 - 1165)

Can. 1055 §1. The matrimonial covenant, by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring, has been raised by Christ the Lord to the dignity of a sacrament between the baptized.

§2. For this reason, a valid matrimonial contract cannot exist between the baptized without it being by that fact a sacrament.

www.vatican.va

Can. 1101 §1. The internal consent of the mind is presumed to conform to the words and signs used in celebrating the marriage.

§2. If, however, either or both of the parties by a positive act of the will exclude marriage itself, some essential element of marriage, or some essential property of marriage, the party contracts invalidly.

Can. 1102 §1. A marriage subject to a condition about the future cannot be contracted validly.

www.vatican.va

MARRIAGE ANNULMENTS: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
By Fr. David F. O'Connor, S.T.

What is defective marital consent?
There are many things which could render marital
consent invalid. If we recall that the spouses are

committing themselves, without any reservation or
condition, to a life-long, faithful relationship that is
open to children, we can see why in a culture as our
own how frequently this is an issue.
Many people today in our "individualistic" culture
have great difficulty in committing themselves to
marriage, as the Catholic Church understands
marriage to be.
Are there other things that affect the validity
of marriage consent?
Yes. Marriage is for people who are capable of
making an adult commitment. Not everyone may be
capable of assuming the essential rights and
obligations of marriage and family life. Everyone
knows that children are not capable of marriage. We
also know that those who are psychotic are not able
to commit themselves. Certainly, other psychological
factors may raise the issue of the capacity of an
individual person for marriage. If someone cannot
hold a job, or assume ordinary personal
responsibilities, or can not communicate adequately
on a personal adult level so as to share oneself with a
spouse, then the capacity of that person for marriage
becomes questionable.
Moreover, the commitment must be made freely
(without unjust outside pressure) and with
proportionate and grave forethought brought to the
consideration of the responsibilities being assumed in
marriage. (Today, many people may enter unions
with less consideration than they bring to purchasing
an automobile.)
In our culture, we are very much aware of how
addiction to substances (alcohol and drugs) plays a
role in disrupting married life. If one is already
addicted at the time of consent, a doubt arises about
the person's capacity to enter marriage.
Also, such things as a "divorce mentality" and
"hidden conditions" may come into play. If someone
approaches marriage with the conviction that he or
she can always "get out it" if one chooses to do so,
that may invalidate the marriage.
Obviously, there are many other things that might
affect consent: deception, fraud, grave error, force
and fear, or conditional consent can affect the validity

of marriage consent.

www.google.com

05/07/2012 new

Genesis 9:7
"But increase you and multiply, and go upon the earth, and fill it."

Genesis 35:11
"And said to him: I am God Almighty, increase thou and be multiplied. Nations and peoples of nations shall be from thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins."

Exodus 1:7
"The children of Israel increased, and sprung up into multitudes, and growing exceedingly strong they filled the land."

05/07/2012 new

Something to think about if you have a contraceptive mentality! scratchchin eyebrow

05/07/2012 new

To make a correction, birth defects happen at all ages, and to assume that someone who is older will use contraception to avoid children isn't a completely true fact, thus you are not able to back it up with facts. There is the rhythm method used in the Catholic teachings, and that validates any marriage.

05/07/2012 new

Does a person who chooses to remain single, de facto, contracepting?

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-781955 said: To make a correction, birth defects happen at all ages, and to assume that someone who is older w...
(Quote) Tammy-781955 said:

To make a correction, birth defects happen at all ages, and to assume that someone who is older will use contraception to avoid children isn't a completely true fact, thus you are not able to back it up with facts. There is the rhythm method used in the Catholic teachings, and that validates any marriage.

--hide--
I'm just saying it may be a consideration by some as to why they may use contraception.The rythym method is to space births for serious reasons,and can't be used just because someone is not open to children.

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-143340 said: Does a person who chooses to remain single, de facto, contracepting?
(Quote) Richard-143340 said:

--hide--
I'm not sure I understand your question?

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-143340 said: Does a person who chooses to remain single, de facto, contracepting?
(Quote) Richard-143340 said:

--hide--

Good question, Richard! Thank you for asking. I think I've been wondering this myself!

05/07/2012 new
True story but this one woman at the church got an annulment because of this. She got married to what she thought was the dream guy. Except she found out on their honeymoon not only wasn't he open to children, he had a vasectomy before their marriage. They got divorced and she got an annulment. I believe she remarried a few years later and now has kids.

I am blunt upfront to guys and tell them I will not use birth control after marriage and expect them not to as well.
05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-572677 said: (Quote) Richard-143340 said: Does a person who chooses to remain single, de...
(Quote) Lisa-572677 said:

Quote:
Richard-143340 said:

Good question, Richard! Thank you for asking. I think I've been wondering this myself!

--hide--
If I understand correctly,the answer is NO.

Posts 1 - 10 of 151