Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

09/02/2012 new

I miss having a driver. It may seem trivial, but I much prefer the role of co-pilot. I'm getting better, overcoming some deep-seeded fears of getting lost. A GPS has helped tremendously. He didn't need one. He drove, I kept the conversation going, opened water bottles or granola bars and checked the map when he wasn't sure. He was so much more adventurous, taking different routes because they looked interesting or, in his words, "had to come out somewhere." I got to relax and enjoy the sights, notice the details, the shadows of the trees, the colors of the wildflowers. Life was more about impromptu road trips, it revolved around the journey. Now, I only venture out only if there is a destination. I liked it better when there was no agenda. I miss my driver.

09/02/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I miss having a driver. It may seem trivial, but I much prefer the role of co-pilot. I...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I miss having a driver. It may seem trivial, but I much prefer the role of co-pilot. I'm getting better, overcoming some deep-seeded fears of getting lost. A GPS has helped tremendously. He didn't need one. He drove, I kept the conversation going, opened water bottles or granola bars and checked the map when he wasn't sure. He was so much more adventurous, taking different routes because they looked interesting or, in his words, "had to come out somewhere." I got to relax and enjoy the sights, notice the details, the shadows of the trees, the colors of the wildflowers. Life was more about impromptu road trips, it revolved around the journey. Now, I only venture out only if there is a destination. I liked it better when there was no agenda. I miss my driver.

--hide--

Me, too, Kathy. People look at me and think just because I am a lawyer, I somehow became a feminist when I joined the bar. How far from the truth. In my marriage, I was just like any other suburban wife. Some of my favorite moments were coffee in bed and breakfast in bed on the weekend. I never drove when we were together which was almost most of the time when we weren't at work. Driving, among many other things, was one of the things I grudgingly started doing more. I used to love the Sunday afternoon drives after church, just going nowhere and enjoying the view. It's no fun to go along, so I come straight home after church unless a bunch of my friends go to breakfast (fortunately one of my best friends is a 91 year old widow, so we sit together, otherwise, I'm the only single person in the group. Just recently I started having coffee in bed on occasion. That isn't so bad alone.

- Elizabeth

09/02/2012 new
(Quote) John-631631 said: I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end. Name One th...
(Quote) John-631631 said:

I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.
Name One thing you really miss about being married.

--hide--
I just miss that person you kiss at church when offering the sign of peace.
09/02/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-857740 said: I just miss that person you kiss at church when offering the sign of peace.
(Quote) Laura-857740 said: I just miss that person you kiss at church when offering the sign of peace.
--hide--

And who you sit real close to in church...with whom you share your faith.

- Elizabeth

09/03/2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: (Quote) Laura-857740 said: I just miss that person you kiss at church when offering the sig...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Quote:
Laura-857740 said: I just miss that person you kiss at church when offering the sign of peace.

And who you sit real close to in church...with whom you share your faith.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
-And who you smile at when kneeling next to each other, bumping elbows.
09/08/2012 new

Still miss the phone call.

09/08/2012 new

(Quote) Kristine-840264 said: Still miss the phone call.
(Quote) Kristine-840264 said:

--hide--

Ditto, Kristine.

I miss having him next to me watching our kids in sporting meets, plays, concerts and competitions. No one else can really appreciate how hard they worked to get there or feel so proud of their accomplishments. Plus I feel utterly alone sitting there by myself in a crowd of couples.

09/08/2012 new
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: (Quote) Kristine-840264 said: Still miss the phone call. Ditt...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Quote:
Kristine-840264 said:

Ditto, Kristine.

I miss having him next to me watching our kids in sporting meets, plays, concerts and competitions. No one else can really appreciate how hard they worked to get there or feel so proud of their accomplishments. Plus I feel utterly alone sitting there by myself in a crowd of couples.

--hide--
Yes, I don't like being alone when among a crowd of couples...well put.
09/15/2012 new

[quote]John-631631 said:

I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.

[I loved everything about marriage miss my best friend my traveling companion,It always felt so good when he was around at home or anywhere that we went someone to love and care for, I felt protected by him and never felt alone ...it is a very lonely life being a widow a specially when no children involved sometimes I feel like a bird with out wings .....God has a plan for all of us and we need to be strong because we all going to be alone at some point of our lives.

God Bless you all and I wish that everyone finds that special person that they looking for. ]

09/15/2012 new

(Quote) Dacia-777603 said: (Quote) John-631631 said: I'm sure there was some good in all marriage...
(Quote) Dacia-777603 said:

[quote]John-631631 said:

[I loved everything about marriage miss my best friend my traveling companion,It always felt so good when he was around at home or anywhere that we went someone to love and care for, I felt protected by him and never felt alone ...it is a very lonely life being a widow a specially when no children involved sometimes I feel like a bird with out wings .....God has a plan for all of us and we need to be strong because we all going to be alone at some point of our lives.

God Bless you all and I wish that everyone finds that special person that they looking for. ]

--hide--

Lovely post, Dacia. And welcome to CM.

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200