Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

05/08/2012 new

Just miss my best friend!!!!

05/08/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Yes, dear -- right away, dear....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Yes, dear -- right away, dear....

--hide--

Good boy! clap

05/08/2012 new

Yes, MaryAlice! This is a daily struggle for me. I always prepared great meals for our family of 7, and now it is just me. I find myself eating either peanut butter and jelly or a microwave dinner. Sad to admit to this, as I did fancy myself a good "southern" cook. A friend of mine shared with me not too long ago to make a point of preparing one nice meal for myself each week, complete with a glass of wine, candles, the whole bit. I've not been consistent with this practice, but I think I need to give it another go. I deserve it!

05/08/2012 new

sounds boring, but kissing each other in the morning and saying have a good day.

05/08/2012 new

Cecelia, that is not boring but that kiss meant so so much. Wish i could go back to having that simple kiss everyday1

05/08/2012 new

I miss having someone know everything about me, yet loving me anyway. Someone who could watch our children on stage and know how hard they worked to get there. Someone to talk over the days events and want to fix the things he couldn't. I miss the hugs, the conversations in bed, the meals together, holding hands at weddings, the walks, the tag-team parenting (we'd jump in to help each other when things got a little revved), the laughter at old stories and jokes. I miss being the Mrs. to his Mr.

05/08/2012 new

(Quote) Paula-836417 said: Yes, MaryAlice! This is a daily struggle for me. I always prepared great meals for our family of ...
(Quote) Paula-836417 said:

Yes, MaryAlice! This is a daily struggle for me. I always prepared great meals for our family of 7, and now it is just me. I find myself eating either peanut butter and jelly or a microwave dinner. Sad to admit to this, as I did fancy myself a good "southern" cook. A friend of mine shared with me not too long ago to make a point of preparing one nice meal for myself each week, complete with a glass of wine, candles, the whole bit. I've not been consistent with this practice, but I think I need to give it another go. I deserve it!

--hide--

Welcome to the forums Paula...!!! wave clap clap clap wave

I know what you mean about the meals... There were 6 members in my very busy homeschooling family. I cooked ALL the time among other things. Now that I'm alone much of the time, I have to really force myself to make something... rose

05/09/2012 new

I really miss going out for breakfast after Mass on Sunday or going home to have my husband fix a nice breakfast... I still have a hard time going home to an empty house after Mass. So..sometimes I call a friend or my daughter and join them!

05/09/2012 new

Reading all your replies and thinking..............how lucky are they to have known all this even once!
Wishing you all the best for the future!wave

05/09/2012 new

(Quote) John-631631 said: (Quote) John-631631 said: Wow! Such great answers! I find that sometime...
(Quote) John-631631 said:

Quote:
John-631631 said:

Wow! Such great answers! I find that sometimes we miss the small things in life. I miss someone that I can hold hands with, gaze into her eyes, listen to her heartbeat, feel her breath, and a soft kiss.

I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic.

--hide--
.... and that's okay! heart

Posts 31 - 40 of 200