Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
06/25/2012 new

Yes Maia! I do, always. rosary

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Yes Maia! I do, always.
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Yes Maia! I do, always.

--hide--

I think of the Wedding at Cana when I need reassurance! Love the Luminous Mysteries!!!

Praying rosary theheart

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: I think of the Wedding at Cana when I need reassurance! Love the Luminous Mysteries!!!
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

I think of the Wedding at Cana when I need reassurance! Love the Luminous Mysteries!!!

--hide--

This woman of faith, Mary of Nazareth, the Mother of God, has been given to us as a model in our pilgrimag of faith. From Mary, we learn to surrender to God's will in all things. From Mary, we learn to trust even when all hope is gone. From Mary we learn to love Christ, her Son and the Son of God. For Mary is not only the Mother of God, she is the Mother of the Church as well.
In the light of Mary, the Church sees in the face of women the reflection of a beauty which mirrors the loftiest sentiments of which the human heart is capable: the self-offering totality of love; the strength that is capable of bearing the greatest sorrows; limitless fidelity and tireless devotion to work; the ability to combine penetrating intuition with words of support and encouragement.
Pope John Paul II
His Essential Wisdom
theheart rosary

06/26/2012 new

Most Compassionate One.......Innoculate me with your Holy peace and courage that I may be healthy among the stessful and fearful.

Immunize me with your deep serenity and fulfillment so that I can be well among the fearful and discontented. Praying rosary theheart

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I think of the Wedding at Cana when I...

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

This woman of faith, Mary of Nazareth, the Mother of God, has been given to us as a model in our pilgrimag of faith. From Mary, we learn to surrender to God's will in all things. From Mary, we learn to trust even when all hope is gone. From Mary we learn to love Christ, her Son and the Son of God. For Mary is not only the Mother of God, she is the Mother of the Church as well.
In the light of Mary, the Church sees in the face of women the reflection of a beauty which mirrors the loftiest sentiments of which the human heart is capable: the self-offering totality of love; the strength that is capable of bearing the greatest sorrows; limitless fidelity and tireless devotion to work; the ability to combine penetrating intuition with words of support and encouragement.
Pope John Paul II
His Essential Wisdom

--hide--

I don't think I've read this previously. What a wonderful reflection! I miss our 'Papa.' theheart

07/01/2012 new

The Way - Josemaria Escriva
You suffer in this present life, which is only a dream, and a short one at that. Rejoice, because your Father God loves you so much, and if you put no obstacles in His way, after this bad dream He will give you a good awakening.
You are upset. Look: happen what may in your interior life or in the world around you, never forget that the importance of events or people is very relative. Take things calmly. Let time pass. And then, as you view persons and events dispassionately and from afar, you'll acquire the perspective that will enable you to see each thing in it's proper place and in its true proportion. If you do this, you will be objective and you'll be spared many a cause for anxiety.
So you have been hauled over the coals? Don't follow the advice of pride and lose your temper. Think: how charitable they are toward me! The things they left unsaid!
You haven't set yourself against God. Your falls are due to weakness. All right, but those weaknesses are so frequent. You don't know how to avoid them, so that, even if you don't want me to consider you bad, I'll have to consider you both bad and stupid.
Yours is a desire without desire, as long as you don't put firmly aside the occasion of falling. Don't fool yourself telling me your're weak. You are a coward, which is not the same thing.

Dove

07/01/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: The Way - Josemaria Escriva.You suffer in this present life, which is only a dream...

The Way - Josemaria Escriva
You suffer in this present life, which is only a dream, and a short one at that. Rejoice, because your Father God loves you so much, and if you put no obstacles in His way, after this bad dream He will give you a good awakening.
You are upset. Look: happen what may in your interior life or in the world around you, never forget that the importance of events or people is very relative. Take things calmly. Let time pass. And then, as you view persons and events dispassionately and from afar, you'll acquire the perspective that will enable you to see each thing in it's proper place and in its true proportion. If you do this, you will be objective and you'll be spared many a cause for anxiety.
So you have been hauled over the coals? Don't follow the advice of pride and lose your temper. Think: how charitable they are toward me! The things they left unsaid!
You haven't set yourself against God. Your falls are due to weakness. All right, but those weaknesses are so frequent. You don't know how to avoid them, so that, even if you don't want me to consider you bad, I'll have to consider you both bad and stupid.
Yours is a desire without desire, as long as you don't put firmly aside the occasion of falling. Don't fool yourself telling me your're weak. You are a coward, which is not the same thing.

--hide--

Such powerful words. I love St. Josemaria Escriva. theheart

07/02/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Such powerful words. I love St. Josemaria Escriva.
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Such powerful words. I love St. Josemaria Escriva.

--hide--

So do I Maia. I love his book 'The Way'....seems like he's talking right to me sometimes.

07/03/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: Such powerful words. I love St. Josem...

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

Such powerful words. I love St. Josemaria Escriva.

So do I Maia. I love his book 'The Way'....seems like he's talking right to me sometimes.

--hide--

I have that little book also! It's so good. Sometimes, I open it up and yes indeed, it seems he's speaking directly to me. theheart

07/12/2012 new

Through Him you have come to trust in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are set on God.
1 Peter 1:21

Dove

Hope

Padre Pio's assurance: "A soul who trusts in the Lord and places all its hope in Him that has nothing to fear. The enemy of our salvation is always around us to snatch from our hearts the anchor that is to lead us to salvation, buy which I mean trust in God our Father. Let us keep a firm hold on this anchor and not relinquish it for a single moment.

Hope in God and expect everything that is good from Him. Don't dwell on what the enemy presents to you...stop thinking of it and turn to God. Bend your knee before Him and with the greatest humility say this short prayer, 'Have mercy on me, a poor weakling. I am oppressed by the uncertainty of my future, but I cherish the lively hope of seeing my dreams fulfilled because the Lord cannot place thoughts and desires in a person's soul if He does not really intend to fulfill them, to gratify these longings which He alone has caused.'

theheart

St Padre Pio

Posts 151 - 160 of 192