Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Oh! I wish I could go there someday. I have 4 or 5 of her more recent books and still w...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Oh! I wish I could go there someday. I have 4 or 5 of her more recent books and still watch Mother Angelica Live. I would love to meet her, but don't know if that is possible now that she is bedridden. She is one awesome lady.

--hide--

I should modify that....she isn't entirely bedridden but has been from time to time. I don't know if people can meet her though, seems that she is pretty secluded these days.

08/16/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Oh! I wish I could go there someday. I have 4 or 5 of her more recent books and still watch Mother ...

Oh! I wish I could go there someday. I have 4 or 5 of her more recent books and still watch Mother Angelica Live. I would love to meet her, but don't know if that is possible now that she is bedridden. She is one awesome lady.

--hide--

I felt very blessed to meet her, my youngest brother was there as a postulat for two years before deciding he was not called to the Priesthood. It was a very spiritual experiance for me being able to meet the Priests and Nuns while I was there.....
08/16/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: I should modify that....she isn't entirely bedridden but has been from time to time. I don't...

I should modify that....she isn't entirely bedridden but has been from time to time. I don't know if people can meet her though, seems that she is pretty secluded these days.

--hide--

I suspect she is not meeting many outsiders these days....
08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I felt very blessed to meet her, my youngest brother was there as a postulat for two years befor...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I felt very blessed to meet her, my youngest brother was there as a postulat for two years before deciding he was not called to the Priesthood. It was a very spiritual experiance for me being able to meet the Priests and Nuns while I was there.....

--hide--

Reading her books and watching her programs were such a comfort to me the year that I lost my parents and a brother. I attended Mass more and watched more EWTN than I ever had before. Mother Angelica really helped me through a hard time. That was when I started collecting my inspritation books, and now I have over a hundred of them. My whole life, after the funerals, was work, church, EWTN, and diving into those books in the evenings. Doing this was what helped me through my losses....I don't know what kind of shape I would have been in had I not. I will be forever grateful to EWTN, their daily Mass, Rosary from the Holy land, and all the other programing that helped to see me through. God Bless them!

08/16/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Reading her books and watching her programs were such a comfort to me the year that I lost my parents...

Reading her books and watching her programs were such a comfort to me the year that I lost my parents and a brother. I attended Mass more and watched more EWTN than I ever had before. Mother Angelica really helped me through a hard time. That was when I started collecting my inspritation books, and now I have over a hundred of them. My whole life, after the funerals, was work, church, EWTN, and diving into those books in the evenings. Doing this was what helped me through my losses....I don't know what kind of shape I would have been in had I not. I will be forever grateful to EWTN, their daily Mass, Rosary from the Holy land, and all the other programing that helped to see me through. God Bless them!

--hide--

Remember the little girl who led the rosary back in the late 80's early 90's? Andrew was a baby at the time and he would be fussy but when the rosary came on it was instant quiet.....if I had access to DVR back in those days it would have been worth it's weight in gold. While we were at the guest house with other families the others were amazed at the instant change in my son.....

I will say some prayers that you are able to visit Birmingham someday soon.... rose
08/29/2012 new

" For I know what my plans for you are, plans to save you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and to give you hope. "

Jeremiah 29:11

09/06/2012 new

(Quote) Mercy-794463 said: " For I know what my plans for you are, plans to save you and not to harm you, plan...
(Quote) Mercy-794463 said:

" For I know what my plans for you are, plans to save you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and to give you hope. "

Jeremiah 29:11

--hide--

Yes, something that we all need to remember from time to time. Thank you Mercy!
Dove

From Mother Angelica:

Sometimes I feel that all is lost. We've all felt that. We've all felt like "it's finished, we're bankrupt." Some of you are spiritually bankrupt. What do you do at those moments? I look up and say, "I'll put my trust in You." That's a prayer of hope. Try it sometime.

09/06/2012 new

Praying in Darkness

Sometimes I am so cold and in such darkness that I merely look to Heaven and plead for light. That's a prayer of faith. A lot of people think that faith is all joy. Well, I don't. Faith is sometimes scarey. There are moments in life where you are uncertain about which way to go. That kind of faith is hard. There's a type of darkness in faith, not the darkness that comes from sin, but the darkness that necessitates trust.

theheart

Mother Angelica

09/06/2012 new
Thank you Deborah for this reminder, I have learned much about keeping my faith and trusting in God's love this year, but I am also finding it is a daily commitment. fluffy
09/07/2012 new

In The Arms Of The Angel
youtu.be

Dove

Posts 171 - 180 of 192