Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
05/17/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: If so great and good a Lord, then, on coming into the Virgin's womb, chose to appear des...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

If so great and good a Lord, then, on coming into the Virgin's womb, chose to appear despised, needy and poor in this world, so that people who were in utter poverty and want and in utter absolute need of heavenly nourishment might become rich in Him by possessing the kingdom of heaven, then rejoice and be glad! Be filled with a remarkable happiness and a spiritual joy! Contempt of the world has pleased You more than its honors, poverty more than earthly riches.

Clare of Assisi

--hide--

Everyday by Rascal Flatts!!!!!! www.youtube.com
05/17/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Everyday by Rascal Flatts!!!!!! www.youtube.com
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

Everyday by Rascal Flatts!!!!!! www.youtube.com

--hide--

Thank you Jim, I love that song! rose biggrin wave

Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill - How Great Thou Art

youtu.be

05/18/2012 new

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22

05/18/2012 new

make yourself familiar wih the angels, and
behold them frequently in spirit; for without
being seen, they are present with you. angel

st. francis de sales

05/18/2012 new

Jesus, give me the strength and wisdom to get through this terrible wilderness, that my heart may bear patiently this longing for You, O my Lord! I always remain in holy amazement when I sense that You are approaching me, You, the Lord of the awesome throne; that You descend to this miserable exile and visit this poor beggar who has nothing but misery! I do not know how to entertain You, my Royal Prince, but You know that I love You with every beat of my heart. I see how You lower yourself, but nevertheless Your majesty does not diminish in my eyes. I know that You love me with the love of a bridegroom, and that is enough for me. Although we are separated by a great chasm, for You are the Creator and I am Your creature, nevertheless, love alone explains our union. Without it, all is incomprehensible. Only love makes it possible to understand these incomprehensible intimacies with which You visit me. O Jesus, Your greatness terrifies me, and I would be in constant astonishment and fear, if You yourself did not set me at peace. You make me capable of communing with You before each approach.

St. Faustina, from Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul #885

05/18/2012 new

889 Jesus, You have given me to know and understand in what a soul's greatness consists: not in great deeds but in great love. Love has its worth, and it confers greatness on all our deeds. Although our actions are small and ordinary in themselves, because of love they become great and powerful before God.

890 Love is a mystery that transforms everything it touches into things beautiful and pleasing to God. The love of God makes a soul free. She is like a queen; she knows no slavish compulsion; she sets about everything with great freedom of soul, because the love which dwells in her incites her to action. Everything that surrounds her makes her know that only God himself is worthy of her love. A soul in love with God and immersed in Him approaches her duties with the same dispositions as she does Holy Communion and carries out the simplest tasks with great care, under the loving gaze of God. She is not troubled if, after some time, something turns out to be less successful. She remains calm, because at the time of the action she had done what was in her power. When it happens that the living presence of God, which she enjoys almost constantly, leaves her, she then tries to continue living in lively faith. Her soul understands that there are periods of rest and periods of battle. Through her will, she is always with God. Her soul, like a knight, is well trained in battle; from afar it sees where the foe is hiding and is ready for battle. She knows she is not alone-God is her strength.

St. Faustina, Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul #889-890

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Elle-812598 said: Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to b...
(Quote) Elle-812598 said:

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalms 55:22

--hide--

But you are a chosen people...belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of

Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9-10

theheart

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-480844 said: make yourself familiar wih the angels, andbehold them frequently in spirit; for without
(Quote) Katherine-480844 said:

make yourself familiar wih the angels, and
behold them frequently in spirit; for without
being seen, they are present with you.

st. francis de sales

--hide--

hug rose

This good angel is praying for you and offers to God all your good works, your holy and worthy desires. When it seems to you that you are

alone and abandoned, don't feel that you are without a friend to whom you can open your heart and confide your woes. For goodness

sake, don't forget this invisible companion who is always there to listen to you, always ready to console you...... St Padre Pio

05/18/2012 new

very nice

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Jesus, give me the strength and wisdom to get through this terrible wilderness, that my hea...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Jesus, give me the strength and wisdom to get through this terrible wilderness, that my heart may bear patiently this longing for You, O my Lord! I always remain in holy amazement when I sense that You are approaching me, You, the Lord of the awesome throne; that You descend to this miserable exile and visit this poor beggar who has nothing but misery! I do not know how to entertain You, my Royal Prince, but You know that I love You with every beat of my heart. I see how You lower yourself, but nevertheless Your majesty does not diminish in my eyes. I know that You love me with the love of a bridegroom, and that is enough for me. Although we are separated by a great chasm, for You are the Creator and I am Your creature, nevertheless, love alone explains our union. Without it, all is incomprehensible. Only love makes it possible to understand these incomprehensible intimacies with which You visit me. O Jesus, Your greatness terrifies me, and I would be in constant astonishment and fear, if You yourself did not set me at peace. You make me capable of communing with You before each approach.

St. Faustina, from Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul #885

--hide--

My soul is in such turmoil. My imperfections and weaknesses seem to be bursting within me and exploding on every side. I fight for the least good thought. I struggle to pray. Every prayer is seperated by aggravating thoughts, turmoil and distress. It is like picking roses amidst a garbage heap...My world seems to have fallen apart...I am devastated...I am alone in the midst of many. I am desolate in the midst of those who love me. I am abandoned in the midst of loving friends. So many say they love me and yet my soul stands by and feels only a cold wind that dissipates all the warmth that comes from the words "I love you."

If I am called to love as He loves I am indeed the poorest of all creatures, for of myself I have nothing to give. Nothing. A trial came today. I wept without control. My soul was torn asunder by my lack of union with His will. My soul seemed to sway within my body as for one who died. In this, oh God, what You call me to: a spiritual death? Am I to live in this world as one who died to it? How can I manifest compassion and love if I feel so dead inside? .

The Prayers and Personal Devotions of Mother Angelica . Praying

Posts 71 - 80 of 192