Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
05/18/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: 889 Jesus, You have given me to know and understand in what a soul's greatness consists: not ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

889 Jesus, You have given me to know and understand in what a soul's greatness consists: not in great deeds but in great love. Love has its worth, and it confers greatness on all our deeds. Although our actions are small and ordinary in themselves, because of love they become great and powerful before God.

890 Love is a mystery that transforms everything it touches into things beautiful and pleasing to God. The love of God makes a soul free. She is like a queen; she knows no slavish compulsion; she sets about everything with great freedom of soul, because the love which dwells in her incites her to action. Everything that surrounds her makes her know that only God himself is worthy of her love. A soul in love with God and immersed in Him approaches her duties with the same dispositions as she does Holy Communion and carries out the simplest tasks with great care, under the loving gaze of God. She is not troubled if, after some time, something turns out to be less successful. She remains calm, because at the time of the action she had done what was in her power. When it happens that the living presence of God, which she enjoys almost constantly, leaves her, she then tries to continue living in lively faith. Her soul understands that there are periods of rest and periods of battle. Through her will, she is always with God. Her soul, like a knight, is well trained in battle; from afar it sees where the foe is hiding and is ready for battle. She knows she is not alone-God is her strength.

St. Faustina, Diary: Divine Mercy in my Soul #889-890

--hide--

Thank you David. rose This is so beautiful and awesome that I cannot think of anything to add to it. Dove

05/18/2012 new

. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

- 1 Samuel 16:7

05/18/2012 new

“If you find that the world hates you, know it has hated me before you” (John 15:18).

05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said: “If you find that the world hates you, know it has hated me before you” (John 15:18)...
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:

“If you find that the world hates you, know it has hated me before you” (John 15:18).

--hide--

Don't be daunted by the cross. The more you are afflicted the more you ought to rejoice because in the fire of tribulation the soul will become pure gold, worthy to shine in the heavenly place. Don't be disheartened if....nature cries out for comfort. Jesus' human nature also asked that the chalice be taken away.

Human nature naturally wants to escape suffering, for man was created to enjoy happiness. As long as we remain in this world we shall always feel a natural aversion to suffering. Be quite sure that if in the apex of our spirit, we submit to it for love of God, (our humanity's natural aversion) becomes a cause of merit for us if we hold it in check and subdue it.

theheart

05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: (Quote) Ginger-791603 said: “If you find that the world hates you,...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Quote:
Ginger-791603 said:

Don't be daunted by the cross. The more you are afflicted the more you ought to rejoice because in the fire of tribulation the soul will become pure gold, worthy to shine in the heavenly place. Don't be disheartened if....nature cries out for comfort. Jesus' human nature also asked that the chalice be taken away.

Human nature naturally wants to escape suffering, for man was created to enjoy happiness. As long as we remain in this world we shall always feel a natural aversion to suffering. Be quite sure that if in the apex of our spirit, we submit to it for love of God, (our humanity's natural aversion) becomes a cause of merit for us if we hold it in check and subdue it.

--hide--

Forgot the scource.........St Padre Pio

05/19/2012 new

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
- Abraham Lincoln

05/19/2012 new
All these words of others sound so wonderful. Let us try and take them, and act upon them and move past the past. It is time to let go and let God as many have told me. If we truly are the children that God wants us to be, then we must not just speak the word but live it and carry it with us always!!! theheart
05/19/2012 new

(Quote) Kimberly-721606 said: All these words of others sound so wonderful. Let us try and take them, and act upon them and move pa...
(Quote) Kimberly-721606 said: All these words of others sound so wonderful. Let us try and take them, and act upon them and move past the past. It is time to let go and let God as many have told me. If we truly are the children that God wants us to be, then we must not just speak the word but live it and carry it with us always!!!

--hide--

Thank you Kimberly. rose

Yes, what you have said is true. Live it and carry it with us always. The trouble with me is that I fail. Sometimes, miserably. Sometimes I struggle. This is why I like to start these Inspiration topics, because if I am struggling with a fault or grief or lack of hope, just to give a few expamples, and make a post about it, someone will address the issue and I will find some guidance or grasp more fully something that I am trying to understand. This helps me. Or, someone else will post a message that I needed to hear on that particular day, this has happened many times. Sometimes I think that I will still be striving and learning and failing and striving again until the day I die. But I also know that the Divine assistance will always be there for me to, as long as I still seek it.

Praying rosary theheart

05/19/2012 new

Something else that I try to remember and fail at -

How can you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own? How can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me remove that splinter in your eye;" when you don't even notice the wooden beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam in from your own eye first, then you will see clearly to remove the splinter in your brother's eye.

Luke 6

41-42

theheart

05/19/2012 new

Debbie - I wanted to share that tonight after communion - I opened my Magnificat and read - Mt. 28:20 - I am with you always, to the close of the age - I sometimes forget that I am not alone! theheart

Have a Blessed Night!
Ginger

Posts 81 - 90 of 192